Notices

I am back for good now!

Old 05-25-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am back for good now!

Hi everyone,

I haven't been active here for quite some time, you all know why.....
So many things happened to me the last year, many of them stressful and required alot of change and uncertainty and to cope with all of this I have of course been drinking and drinking and drinking

I have moved and now live in ******, India, and it's many uncertainties in my life, it really is up to me ONLY to make it or break it now.

I have made some important realizations as well; I understand that I've been living with a depression for a very long time, I finally tried Zoloft and it's quite amazing how you can see the fog starting to lift little by little, for me it's been an absolute help to cope.
It's so hard to stop drinking when you are depressed as you tend to be feeling hopelessness and self pity and so on and it's hard to find strength and courage in this state of mind.

As i've come away from the worst part of the depression its also been easier to see my behaviour, to feel both sympathy and sadness for my situation and the harm i'm causing myself and those who love me.

It's also easier to see that there might, just might, be a happier place for me too.

So, I have decided that I will never drink again, this time it's no more trying for a week or so for me....I feel sick when i think of what i've done to myself, I feel sick when i think of alcohol and all the destruction it brings.

I have also understood that this is really my life, my decision and my fight to take, earlier i've felt hurt by family members, friends and my boyfriend when they have failed to understand my situation and not taken it seriously enough. This time i don't care what my boyfriend decides to do, he can drink or he can join me towards a happier life, it's up to him and has nothing to do with me. Its a liberating feeling

This is day 1 for me, i will keep it coming!!

Thanks to all of you for sharing your lives and being so amazingly and incredibly supportive and full of love, this site gives me HOPE
Old 05-25-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Laana

D
Old 05-25-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Good to see you come back home