Notices

Another step

Old 05-24-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another step

I just purchased a 21 day healthy meal plan to lose some weight. I'd like to lose about 25-30 pounds (which I gained by drinking, or course), so I thought this would give me a jumpstart. It wasn't cheap, but neither is drinking one or two bottles of wine a night.

Obviously alcohol isn't part of the plan; it even says so on one of the handouts the consultant gave me. So maybe it's a little overconfident for someone who is on Day 4 of sobriety, but I'm definitely excited about this plan and have committed to not having a single drink for the next 21 days. Wish me luck!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

You may put your body through a lot of stress right now, so why not be healthy for a month and then start that diet?

Just a thought.

Love,
Old 05-24-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I found that i didn't lose weight for about my first sober month while my body recovered. Now it's started dropping and i've lost over 10 pounds! Give your body time to recover and don't expect too much your first month and get discouraged.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is the most excited and most confident I've seen you write so far... I say GO FOR IT! With that said, definitely listen to these fine people about not letting it get you too stressed out. I know there have been times where I've made an entire lifestyle change while trying to get sober and as soon as I messed one thing up, other things would follow... On the other side of that coin, there have definitely been other people who have done it. If it makes you excited at day 4, than why not?? As long as you're getting healthy healthily...
Old 05-24-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
I found that i didn't lose weight for about my first sober month while my body recovered. Now it's started dropping and i've lost over 10 pounds! Give your body time to recover and don't expect too much your first month and get discouraged.
Yeah, if I don't lose weight at first I'm cool with it. I do want to lay down the groundwork for healthier habits in general. It's all part of my larger plan to be as fit, healthy, and balanced as I can be.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
You may put your body through a lot of stress right now, so why not be healthy for a month and then start that diet?

Just a thought.

Love,
Well, I sort of see sobriety and diet as parallel goals. For me, it's highly motivating to have a big picture in mind, and to see how important sobriety fits into the whole thing. If that makes sense. I take your point though, and I'll be sure not to stress myself over this.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EXM6 View Post
I know there have been times where I've made an entire lifestyle change while trying to get sober and as soon as I messed one thing up, other things would follow...
You make a good point here; I'm definitely going to be mindful of this as I go forward. Sobriety is the primary goal, with the diet plan playing a supporting role, and I'll be sure to keep my focus where it belongs. Thanks! :-)
Old 05-24-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your diet works well.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You know it's funny...A lot of us will eat junk food and chocolate...And nobody bat's an eye...I say as long as you're not drinking....Eat what you want. The only thing I'd like to see..Is for you to extend your committment from to 21 days to never.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Gosh you are brave starting a diet LOL.. since I stopped drinking 34 days ago I haven't stopped eating!! hahaha.. still I have now started to re-adjust back to my old way of healthy eating, so hopefully a month of cake and crisps will not have a too bad effect... still it just goes to show how much weight alcohol does put on, as even though I have been eating anything that I crave I haven't put on a pound... yet!!! be kind to yourself, and well done on 4 days x
Old 05-24-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
The only thing I'd like to see..Is for you to extend your committment from to 21 days to never.
Shhhh ... You said the "n" word" ...

Seriously, never is a scary word. I've failed at moderation more times than I can count, so it's what I have to do, but ... yeah. I'm working on getting my mind around it. But for now, I'm not having a drink!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Luling View Post
Shhhh ... You said the "n" word" ...

Seriously, never is a scary word. I've failed at moderation more times than I can count, so it's what I have to do, but ... yeah. I'm working on getting my mind around it. But for now, I'm not having a drink!
Hey...I quit forever...I just do it one day at a time. I don't use the "M" word....Never even bothered trying that.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes, the "m" word is a big lie; I can't fool myself about that anymore. I really can't screw this up; I just can't drink. Ever. It's a weird feeling.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Luling View Post
Yes, the "m" word is a big lie; I can't fool myself about that anymore. I really can't screw this up; I just can't drink. Ever. It's a weird feeling.
I can't drink either...I don't think I have another recovery left in me.