Notices

Wake up call

Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My two cents

Originally Posted by jeffeypoo View Post
Thanks everyone. I am looking into secular programs, I realize AA has helped many but I would be so opposed to it and so paranoid about the dogma that it would be more trouble to me than it is worth. Even "spiritual" to me implies that I am not in full control of my actions, which if that is the case I don't see much point in living.

So far as the expungement process I've already looked into that and it is not an option in NC. You can file forms after a few years to get a pardon from the governor, but the dwi still remains on your record so I don't really see much point in pursuing that.

Guess I will just have to stay clean and sober and hope that maybe when I go to court my officer will have transferred or isn't present or some other technicality allows me to get out of it (legal wise, I realize I have work to do myself for the over drinking).

Has anyone tried the moderation management process? I would post the link but since I'm new it won't allow me. It seems much more logical and science based to me.
Jeff, if you are not able to stop drinking once you start, you're NOT in control of your actions anyway. That is the first step in AA: to admit we are powerless over alcohol. Until we admit that. we can't be helped. There is no such thing as moderation for alcoholics. If we could moderate we wouldn't be alcoholics :-) My daughter is a Radiologist Tech and she says here in California they don't let people with DUIs take the boards. It may be different in North Carolina. I wish you all the best. Stay in touch OK?