Notices

One week sober and wished I felt better

Old 05-23-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Duke10 View Post
Just sick of the battle.
Sorry to hear that Duke....You know when I got sick of the battle....I gave up fighting it.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Dismember

Sobriety is a process. It has it's ups and downs. Good days, bad days and (not that we plan for these) even slips.

Remember: you're starting your sobriety date over, not your plans for sobriety. What you accomplished before that last drink is still money in the bank.

Feeling disappointed at one week is not a symbol of failure. Myself and many of the alks whose stories I know well would look at what you said, what you're doing talking and being honest here, as being *exactly* what we went through on our way to reasonably "normal" lives as alcoholics.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh I'm really sorry to hear that Duke. My thoughts are with you. Think most of us are really only ready to quit when we've had enough of the battle and stop fighting it. Early recovery is so hard and we all understand.
Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. Please. We all care about you xx
Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey sweetie

Well, you knew it was going to be tough - you were carrying yours and your wife's grief. So you had a drink. Most of us caved at some point near the beginning, me included.

You're talkin about just giving and going back to the booze. Why? Because the first week sucks? How many years were you drinking for? How hooked are you on the quick fix that you thought it would be over that fast?

Hun, this sht is HARD, but you you go back to drinkin what are you taking on? How long can you maintain it before you have to quit again? Or are you deciding to drink for the rest of your life? You're a grown up - no one can make that decision for you, but I'm up for trying to persuade you to give it a proper go.

There's a reason there are so many people here still sober after a month, six months, six years. I'm almost on three months and it's hard, and scary, but it's also brilliant, and liberating, and exciting, and clean.

When I was drinking all I did was drink. Now I have a future. Give it a go. We'll be here, I promise.

Xxxx
Old 05-23-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

You didnt get here in a week, its the nature of us to want instant statifaction.

Just keep working it will fall in to place.