Notices

How much were you drinking at your peak?

Old 05-21-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

When I drank heavily (2-3 nights per week) 1-2 bottles of wine and maybe a few beers for good measure.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I went in peaks and dips.. at a peak it could be between 2 - 3 bottles of wine a night 5 nights a week - in dips between 3 - 4 glasses of wine a night 5 nights a week.. looks horrible when you right it down!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I used to drink 2 bottles of wine each day. Sometimes an extra glass on the top of those 2. Thats when I decided to stop! I was scared of the amount I had every day.
Its day 112 today.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

For me, about a bottle of wine every night. If I only had three glasses, that was "moderation." Sometimes I would start with 1-3 glasses of gin and Sprite before moving on to the wine, or I might throw 1-3 beers into the mix. I have to stop; I don't know what I'm doing to my liver.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I drank far too much. A case of beer a day, then started drinking vodka like water when I didn't think the beer was killing me quickly enough... a bigger part of me wanted to live, though. On sunday I will have six months sobriety. I never thought that could happen or that I could say I was happy...it feels wonderful.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I was never a daily drinker and my intake could swing a lot from one week to the next, but at my peak, I would do a 12-pack and a bottle of wine or a 750 of vodka 1-3 times a week.

As for the worst I ever did, that would be that time I drank 2L of wine, then shot about a third of a 750 of rum (yes, shot). Not sure what was wrong with my brain that night...
Old 05-21-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

At least 8 a night on weekdays. Up to 30 on weekends chased with lots of pot. Enough to let my life go to hell and not care. What a job fixing ahead to fix this mess..good thing I have got a positive attitude these days.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

In college, which was 20 yrs ago, my roommate and I figured we were each drinking about 100 drinks a week, with lots of those drinks being Milwaukee's Best (4.3% alcohol) cheap beer. We went out hard 4 nights a week and had about 20 beers each night, basically playing drinking games, chugging beers, etc. The other 3 nights we'd go out and have light drinking nights that cumulatively added up to another 20.

Ridiculous -- I was a varsity athlete but fat (at 5'8, I was 30 lbs heavier than I am now and all of that was fat) and weak, never achieved much and wasted potential. And of course an expensive education at least partly thrown away, how much more I could have achieved if I'd been sober and dedicated a chunk of that energy to schoolwork.

At that point I was waking up in the morning with no hangover. I spoke to a doctor about this years later in grad school and he said that was a stage where the body begins metabolizing the alcohol and described it as "Mickey Mantel style drinking." Meaning obviously it'll take you down if you do it long enough. Luckily all vitals look good today, I guess your body can take a lot of damage when you're young.

That was a lot different from my more recent problem drinking, which was occasional binge drinking.

Day 26 now...
Old 05-21-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

It had become my master...30+beers a day or the equivalent in hard liquor or mouthwash...plus whatever drugs I could swallow, snort, or smoke.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I couldnt tell I worked behind the bar. So from the moment I came to till the moment I passed out. Everyday for many many years. Filled with beer,wine,booze,shots, and anything else I enjoyed.

The days are so much easier now.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zube View Post
15 beers after work every night, and a case of beer every Saturday and Sunday.

Zube
Same here, day in day out, too much
Old 05-21-2012, 11:12 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

I always thought if I could get up in the morning to do my work - even though it nearly killed me the hangovers were so dire - in my twisted alcoholic mind I would say to myself "ah lil you are so strong" "you can drink all that and still hold it together". The darkest days of my life. Start the evening off with a boot of red wine, with a drinking friend/friends, then come home and either open another wine or hit the vodka, and chat on the phone till 12/1am sometimes I could drink nearly a whole boot vodka. I seriously thank God I didn't kill myself.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:48 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

At my worst....about 25 beers a day. On the weekends probably around 35 beers in the day. It truly amazes me while I write that. Sometimes I get down on my knees and cry at how far I've come in just a few months. God I'm so glad I don't have to put myself through that anymore.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:13 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

On average, I would drink between 4 to 12 beers in a week. sometimes none. It was spotty. I was a binge drinker.
Everyone has that "omigod" moment where they drink way more than they ever had before. I was starting to get that way and it scared the **** outta me.

I think a few times this lastnyear I drank 20 beers over a week end. But I do recall a party about seven years ago that several of us put away 5 long islands in about four hours. I should have figured it out then.

To the newcomer reading this thread:

Comparing your drinking habit to other peoples is not a good way to gauge if you have a problem. I did that for WAY too long as most of my friends could and would drink more than I, or drank everyday where I did not. I let myself believe that I didnt have a problem because I did not compare.
Just remember to be honest with yourself. Everyone slides down that cliff at different speeds, but eventually we will slide.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:00 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Between one and three bottles of wine, all day every day...
Old 05-22-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

During the week, I was drinking 12 tall boys a night. On weekends, I would drink a case of 24 bottles a day with no problem. No wonder I gained 50 pounds haha.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Binge drinker here.

A good weekend for me "Friday night through Sunday mid day"

Would be 2 750 ml of tvarsky 100 proof, and 15-30 beers over the weekend.

This is being blackout drunk from dusk till dawn.

Approaching 6 months sober.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

At 12 pack of beer on my "light" nights.....when I really cut loose a big bottle of vodka (1/2 gallon?), and a 12-20 beers. I would be a mess for days after...unless I drank more to delay the inevitable...
Old 05-22-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Most recently I would have one-three days sober, start back with a bottle of wine in a night, and then the next day progress into drinking all day, pass out during the day, wake up, drink again, pass out in the evening and repeat for about five days. I'm a lightweight as I am 5'8 125lbs female. However much it was, it was too much for me!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hard to say as I really had no pattern of what I drank or how much in the end. On my binges, which usually lasted from Friday until Monday or Tuesday, I would start at the crack of dawn and usually consume a liter+ of vodka a day plus some wine. Sometimes it was more and sometimes less. On top of that, there was really no telling whether I would be staggering drunk or seem perfectly fine to others.