Notices

Massive error in judgement

Old 05-21-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi James

here's a few links someone else posted recently about help in the UK. I think checking them out might at least give you a starting point

The National Alcohol Helpline-UK - Tel: 0800 917 8282 Offers help to callers worried about their own drinking; support to the family and friends of people who are drinking; advice to callers on where to go for help.

Home - SMART Recovery UK
Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) Great Britain

Alcohol Misuse - Treatment - NHS Choices
Alcohol support - Live Well - NHS Choices
What Happens in an NHS Home Alcohol Detox Program? | eHow.com
Alcohol Rehab NHS | Rehab Centre Search UK

D
Old 05-22-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I'll check out the links and yeah, I guess you're right Dryscotsman, it could've been something a lot worse. It's just so annoying and pointless; it would've never happened without the booze. I have zero self control after a certain point when I'm drunk (and not a great deal to start with, or i'd stop myself getting there).

Thanks for the posts everybody. I think this is gonna be a wake up call, hopefully before that bad thing does happen - whatever it could be).
Old 08-14-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've just been going through some of my old posts and saw this one. The error in judgement in question didn't turn out to be so. We're still together now, and my "friend" it turns out, was abusive, unstable and dangerous behind closed doors, causing all kinds of problems so things weren't quite cut and dried. He had all kinds of criminal convictions and stuff he'd managed to keep quiet from us all (we went back years, but hadn't seen each other for nearly a decade).