Notices

Kinda funny...or pathetic? :/

Old 05-20-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Kinda funny...or pathetic? :/

Hey everyone!

I am somewhat new to the forums, and have 17 days with no alcohol! Longest i have EVER gone...

Anyways the craziness of my addiction kind of hit me today. I went up to toys r us to get my son a toy. Anyways I get back and I go to hide it in this wardrobe thing we have in our living room. Low and behold I open it up and a half empty "hidden" bottle of vodka falls out :/ ugh...didnt drink it, poured it out. THEN Im going to change the sheets on my bed and under the sheets in the bathroom closet are TWO empty 22 oz cans of beer.

So embarassing and crazy when I think about it...I mean I HID alcohol..and I told myself for years I was just a "normal drinker who likes to have fun"

Sounds weird but I am kind of glad I stumbled (in a sober way this time :p ) across these things today. It makes me realize just how lost I was and how I never want to go to that place again. For myself, wife and child

Thanks for all your support! This place has been great
Old 05-20-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I know. I once found an empty Vodka bottle up on top of my kitchen cupboards. It must've been mine, since my husband only drinks beer. I don't even remember buying it. Found empty beer cans in the bottom of my hamper, in the back of my closet. Yet I too was a 'normal drinker' who just didn't want to worry my husband. Yeah, right.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you threw the booze out.

I thought I had cleaned out everything really good when I quit, but I still found a couple of surprises many months later. This has happened to a lot of guys I know with seasonal hobbies like golf or snow mobiling. They might have a year of sobriety in when they discover a clanging sound when they haul their golf bag out.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I got rid of the bottles - noone to hide them from - but I found bottle caps everywhere for *years* afterwards...

it's good not to be there anymore, hey?

D
Old 05-20-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I'm still finding beer caps everywhere. I mean everywhere.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

I had a really embarrassing situation when a furnace repair man found empty vodka bottles behind the furnace....*shudder*
Old 05-20-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I usually didn't hide from anyone either except I remember a few years ago, our new neighbor dropped in on a Saturday afternoon and I had been drinking beer and playing on the computer all afternoon. When I heard him coming towards my office, I grabbed all my empties from around the desk and stuffed them in the closet. Sheesh!