Notices

1st time posting, seeking answers

Old 05-19-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question 1st time posting, seeking answers

I've been having to seriously space out my last few Oxy's & in the mornings when I wake up I've been having this horrible tingling like pain all over & just feel horrible. It goes away when I take my morning dose, is this just a sample of withdrawal's to come Sunday? I've never been in this position before so I don't know what to expect or to do. I'm really scared & nervous about this because I've heard such bad things about Oxy withdrawal's. I've been on 120mgs daily for 8yrs. If anyone has some advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you <3
Old 05-19-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talk with a doctor...Simple as that.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Sapling. I've been trying to do that for the past mth, I'm trying to find a dr now. The one that was prescribing the med has dropped all of her pain management patients & so far the new dr's that I've tried to see won't accept me. I have no medical insurance so I don't really know what to do.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What about a free clinic?...Welcome to SR by the way....I just don't like to see people hurt themselves...Or worse.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Sapling. The only thing they have told me is to get to a Methadone Clinic, REALLY scared of that tho. I've only known a cpl of people that took it & in both cases it turned out bad. I completely understand because you don't know me & alot of people abuse the med that I've been on. I believe that's one of the problems, the dr hears what I've been taking & the dosage & automatically don't want to fool with me. I did'nt know until recently that the doseage I've been on is an extremely high dose. I'm just scared of what is fixing to happen. I've been researching Oxy w/d online & it terrifies me. Plus the feeling I've been having when I wake up is horrible & I can only assume it will be way worse by tomorrow morning. Thank you for welcoming me.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'd stay away from the online medical stuff...That will just drive your anxiety through the roof. There has to be somebody thwere you can talk to...What about calling the NA helpline...Explain what's going on?
Old 05-19-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It 'did' make me pretty anxious. I'm sorry I don't know what that is, what is the NA helpline?
Old 05-19-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've detoxed from oxy (200 mg/day) amongst other severe opiates and detoxed a sponsee once as well. He had no insurance and was flat out broke too. Hydration will be an issue as much of anything you put in your body will be turning to liquid. Get ready for a couple weeks of sleepless nights as well. The body will also be tired feeling and achey due to natural endorphin production cessation from the opiates. It's not fun, but it is possible. Best of luck, if you need anything let me know.

NA is Narcotics Anonymous. It is possible to find some local brothers and sisters that have been through what you're looking at.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome,

My name is Chrisy. I too am withdrawing from oxycodone. I was on 15mg 3 times a day. About a month ago almost, I found this wonderful forum. I started withdrawals then and when I went back to the pain managment doctor she told me to take 5 mg as I wanted to taper off, but that didn't work for me so I ended up going through them in two weeks to get at least 10 mg to work on the pain my body was on, so I am on day 3 of withdrawals again. My next appointment with the pain managment doctor is June 6, and I am hoping that I can find some way to manage the pain with a non opiate narcotic strong drug. I have been on these pain pills for 10 years because they said I had fibro, but I don't have fibro. For 3 years they have known what is wrong with my shoulder and neck but they just give me more powerful pain pills and havent' worked on solving the shoulder and neck problem.

I am not going to lie to you and tell you withdrawals are a piece of cake because they are not. I have lost 10 lbs in two days because I can't keep anything down. I have diarhea and just when I think I have passed that, it comes back again. I am drinking water and fresca and can't eat anything as nothing tastes good and I can't keep it down anyway. For the first two days I had a bad headache but that is gone now. I am not really sleeping all that great, but manage to get two or three hours, but toss around. Sometimes I get the shakes and then I get hot and cold. I feel like I have been hit by a fast moving train. Yes, I believe I am in hell. I don't want to go through this hell again, so I pray to my higher power that I will stay off the oxycodone and tell the pain managment people no more opiate narcotic pills for me.

The first step I believe in NA or AA is that we admit we are powerless over our drug of choice. I admit I am powerless and the oxycodone rules my life and having to save and manage every pill to last for the whole month. Knowing that if we don't have the pill, we will go into withdrawals. My friend who is in the same boat doesn't see that we are powerless to the oxycodone, but maybe someday she will. I have another friend in Montana who got off the oxycodone and she has many of the same problems with her neck and back as I do with my neck and shoulder and she decided she wasn't going to allow the drug to control her. She is an inspiration to me. We can choose our own higher power. As a Roman Catholic mine is Jesus and Mother Mary. I have pagan friends who pray to the Celtic deities and Protestant friends who pray to Jesus. that is the great thing about aa and na. I know a little about aa as in my youth a good friend of my dad when he saw me drink and blackout and not even remember driving home, he got me the big book and took me to the meetings with them. I will always be grateful to AA for telling me I was one drink away, and that I had a choice to take the next drink or say no. I never liked the taste of booze, but would drink socally with friends and family who like to drink. Once I started I didn't want to quit and then started getting blackouts. They explained that I had what I would be facing if I continued to drink. Now I can drink and soft drink and those in my family when they come town can drink. I believe NA is based on AA, so when I get feeling better I want to try to go to a NA meeting in Chandler. I feel to sick to make the noon meeting today.

We have a choice. Do we want to spriral downwards and out of control and be enslaved to the drug of choice? Or do we want to be free and control our own destiny. I believe we all have a destiny, and it is up to us to do our best to be the best we can be. Being enslaved to this drug, I am not working to achieve my goal of going back to my homeland in the UK. Maybe that is what will keep me clean so I can go to Manchester England, see and Manchester United game. My Grandmum was from Manchester, England. I am a lot like her and love my British side and when I am healthy again, would like to rejoin the Daughters of the British Empire. When I got sick I had to let my membership go. My grandpa was from Glasgow, Scotland and I am decended from the MacDonald clan so I want to go to Skye. I have the Union Jack hanging in my room. My point and this will be my last, as I have so much to say, is that you must pick something that you want to do, but have been stopped from doing because of being hooked on these oxycodones. What is your dream in life? Maybe that dream and working to making it come true will help you through the withdrawals.

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk.

Love and Blessings
Chrisy
Old 05-19-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

From MedlinePlus Trusted Health Information for You A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.

Opiate withdrawal

You might try a visit to an emergency room to get medication that can help ease with the withdraw.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank ya'll ! I will see if I can find a number for the NA where I am at. It sounds like I need to stock up on liquids & bunker down for a cpl of weeks. I don't have an option of taking anything to ease the w/d's & I've never been thru them before so I'm not sure how bad they get, I only know that what I've experienced in the mornings has been horrible. It's a pain that I've never felt & can't really explain, kinda feels like painful electricity thru my whole body but worse in my arms, shoulders & legs & I simply cannot be still? Is this the body pain (aches) from w/d's or is everyone different?
Old 05-19-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't know the answer to that, I think it is a little different with everyone. But the common factor seems to be not being able to keep anything down and just feeling achy all over, not being able to sleep, and some have headaches. Atomgirl, who is a inspiration to me, wrote her experience I would encouage you to check back about 3 to 4 weeks ago and read her accounts. She has been clean for almost a month and we can make it too. The first 30 days are going to be hard.

Na is a good answer for us. I wonder if na gives the 30 day chip, 60 day chip that AA gives. It is inspiring to see people make those chips one day at a time. I know that there is not an na meeting in my town, but I am willing to drive 30 mintues to go. We can make it, we must make it.

Just think how much better we will feel when we make it 30 days clean without oxycodone. One day at a time, one step at a time.

Love and Blessings
Chrisy
Old 05-19-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'd recommend hanging out here Lilcountrygurl...Definately in the next few weeks...There is always somebody here to talk to...And if things get so bad you can't take it...Call 911...Get to an ER. You may not need to...I hope not...Just don't be afraid to. But like I said...This place is 24 hour...You can always get somebody here...You don't have to be alone.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Christy,
you're right, 30 days without the Oxy would be great. I don't know what I'll do about my pain but I'll jump that hurdle once I get over this one. I've been trying to find an NA meeting in my area this morning but have been unable to so far. From everything I've heard I believe that is an option that we both need but does'nt look like I'll be able to use it. I'm trying not to get too anxious about what I'm fixing to go thru but I must admit it's hard not to. I will look up her story, thank you for giving me the advice of it. WE WILL MAKE IT, WE SIMPLY 'HAVE' TO!
MUCH LOVE <3
Old 05-19-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm not real sure about your area...See if you can find a number here you can call.

http://www.na.org/?ID=phoneline
Old 05-19-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

We are here for you, to help you through this. This forum is saving my life as it has made me seen the truth of my true condition with the oxycodone. It is sucking the life out of us. We have each other. We have this forum. If you can't find na, then I would go to aa. it is a good program and it would help you too. just replace oxycodone with your drug of choice. They will support you and help you find the right group for you to go.

I am starting to feel a little better and might try and make the Chandler meeting. If I can finally be away from the bathroom for a few hours, lol.

You are in the right place.

Love and blessings.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lilcountrygurl View Post
Thank ya'll ! I will see if I can find a number for the NA where I am at. It sounds like I need to stock up on liquids & bunker down for a cpl of weeks. I don't have an option of taking anything to ease the w/d's & I've never been thru them before so I'm not sure how bad they get, I only know that what I've experienced in the mornings has been horrible. It's a pain that I've never felt & can't really explain, kinda feels like painful electricity thru my whole body but worse in my arms, shoulders & legs & I simply cannot be still? Is this the body pain (aches) from w/d's or is everyone different?

Welcome to detox . I got wicked headaches and nauseau too.

This should link you to local Narcotics Anonymous; double check the location:

http://portaltools.na.org/portaltool...rchResults.cfm
Old 05-19-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sapling, thank you.
I believe that I will stay around. I've got a feeling that I will need help. I really hope that it does'nt get bad enough to have to go to the ER but I will definately do that if I need to. Again, thank you
Old 05-19-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

No problem...We're all here to get better.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

NA Meeting Locator

Sorry for the broken link.