Notices

first post here

Old 01-27-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Smile looking back at my first post here

Originally Posted by changer View Post
hi....
not sure what to say. i've been an alcoholic for years now- i'm 31 and have been drinking since a teen. over the years it's gotten more and more out of control, and this past year has been awful. i've been hospitalized, missed many days of work, and even tried antabuse a few times.
last night i got incredibly drunk, and i was late for work this morning and showed up still drunk. i realized i couldn't be there, and had to leave. i'm exhausted, and overcome with shame and fear. i'm worried i will be in trouble at work, and i'm so embarassed of what my co-workers and bosses must think. my family and friends have heard me say 'i'm sorry', and 'i'm quitting' more times than i can count, and i can't imagine how they can trust anything i say. i'm writing just to get this out, but if anyone has advice on how to deal with this shame and guilt, i would love any feedback.
thank you...
this was almost 8 and a half months ago. my god, how my life has changed in such a short period of time. I've been in AA, working the steps with my sponsor, meeting new people, forgiving myself and others....living. actually living. had someone told me when i first got sober what my life would be like now, i would have laughed. i don't often post here anymore, but i do check in daily to read and keep up with people. it does get better. it gets amazing, in fact. thank you all for being a part of this community.
hil
Old 01-27-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

awesome changer

D
Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

So glad to hear the good news. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

That's fantastic - working the steps, sponsor, forgiving yourself and others...wow, it's amazing how things change for the better, isn't it?

Glad to hear things are going well!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

That is wonderful, congratulations Changer.