Notices

I might be dumb but I am not stupid!

Old 05-15-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post

What was it that made you finally stop?*

How many times did you fail?
Weasel, What made me stop was realizing that the pain and agony of drinking was way worse than the pain and agony of stopping. The (suposed) good feeling of drinking, was way less than the good feeling of being sober.

How many times did I fail? hmm, really only twice, because the nine jillion other times i told myself i was never drinking again were all false starts. I quit once for over two years back in the late nineties, got complacent and started drinking again. About ten years later I quit for over five months, got complacent and started drinking again, but i learned, especially from the second fall, because it was so close to the previous drinking mess that i had quit only five months previous. It was easy to see the difference in drinking and feeling krappy, having really bad panic attactks where the room gets real bright and the heart palpitating for the lack of booze every Monday at 2 pm, and the good feeling of not feeling krappy, and feeling good about myself, the prospect of someday improving my life, actually have interests and goals in life. My health was also a main concern, as i drank for a very long time. I hope you can get your act together, that's what i was told, to keep it together or else no job.

Dan