Notices

I Tried To Be So Depressed Today

Old 05-14-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Tried To Be So Depressed Today

I made it part of the day feeling sorry for myself but then got listening to music and bad things went away. I still have cravings, but life happens. Again, another pointless post but I was so down this am, depression, insomnia, PTSD, pretty screwed but the day got better. Read a lot of posts today and know a lot of hurting but the day can get better. I admire all who post here and those who read the posts and have hope. Today I am not drinking (but listening to Tom Waits, Dee)
Old 05-14-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Fitz))) - I, too, had a day where I was pretty depressed. I had no desire to use, but "life stuff" just got to me.

I stopped by my mechanic's shop. He is an angel on earth, always a smile on his face and good for a big bear hug. You'd never know he has a daughter who has been MIA for years, lost in addiction, and the "son" he is raising is HER son..confined to a wheelchair due to spina bifida.

I was perfectly fine being in my own little pity party, but something made me turn into his shop.

I'm over 5 years in recovery, but still have my down days. Don't be hard on yourself. Sounds to me like you're finding ways to get out of the "funks" and that's a really good thing.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey MCF,
I am on day 3 and started the day not being able to get out of bed. I read posts on line here and was able to mustered some energy and went to the beach. It was cloudy, windy, and ready to rain at any moment. Much like my mood.

I layed there thinking It was absolutely beautiful and I was glad I got out. The world let me know I fit in, and that I am now in sync with it. If I was hung over or drunk I would have missed this.

Thank you all for your posts, you are making a huge difference in many lives.
Best Wishes!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I need a cat
Old 05-14-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fitz...I think that's a fantastic idea! Maybe go by the shelter...lots of needy Kitties there. You'd be a great Kitty Dad!!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dang it just done it, cat wise. Neiegbor needed to let go, now we are trying to speak a lingo , luskily I am cat like but I step in the littter box
Old 05-14-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like Tom Waits too Fitz

D
Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Fitz)))- My cat Elvis (the black one) literally kept me clean one night. I was fighting with dad, about to head to a hotel where I knew I could get crack. Elvis was sitting on my bed, meowing like "please, mama, don't leave me" and I snuggled up with him and got on SR. Yep, I didn't use

I live in dysfunction junction, but I'm not leaving until I have a place where I can take my kitties. Right, this very moment, I have some family issues going on. Elvis is snuggled on my lap, and that means everything.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-14-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Your posts are never pointless Fitz.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So i have a cat and I ask him his name and he just looks at me, like what's in a name, and I remember we are not the brightest animals on the planet, so a kitten naming contest. I had two, Butch Cataidy, Sundace Kitty but need something new
Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I kinda like "Butch" Elvis was named by my dad, Patches got her name because...well, she's patchy. Mots got his name, not sure what it meant at first, but it became "mouth of the south" (MOTS).

Cats are pretty cool...call them whatever you want, as long as you have food, they'll come

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So you guys are too Mycool. I get where I think I can't make it then realize people make it. I don't know how to down load Utube here Dee