Notices

Sober Mother's Day plans

Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Mother's Day plans

What's everyone's Mother's day plans today? I'm headed to the ATM for some cash to stuff into a mother's day card, then picking up my parents and taking them out for a fancy-schmancy brunch downtown.

I'm excited to do something nice for my mom for once, because in the past, I would wake up with a nasty hangover and make a 30 second phone call to her to say happy mother's day. Then spend the rest of my day with a bottle of vodka. I'm really, really grateful to be sober, alive and living in the moment today!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!! Your Mom will love it!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's awesome...I just got back from a nice sober brunch....First Mother's day I can remember not drinking....I didn't miss a holiday.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope everyone - and their mothers - had a good day

D
Old 05-13-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Happy Mother's Day!

Just got back from a sober dinner at a Mexican restaurant with the ex and my daughter. Very nice!
Old 05-13-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure your mother enjoyed her brunch with you just as much as you enjoyed being sober.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Took my wife and son out to lunch. We then went and played two rounds of putt putt then went on the go carts. We then went to see "The Avengers" which was very good and had A LOT of laughs in it.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I went for a jog this morning. I went by the duck pond, and the ducks chased me down, wanting some bread. So I went home, got some hamburger buns and my 11 year old son, and went back to feed the ducks. Then we went out for lunch, nobody complained TOO much about the place I chose (which is very unusual, my kids always bitch about where I pick to eat). After lunch, I came home and had a nap with my two bulldogs!

So it was a nice day. The first sober mother's day I can remember since my mother died when I was a junior in college. I am sure I must have stayed sober the couple of years I was pregnant, but I just don't really remember. I have tried to ignore mother's day ever since my mom died. But today was actually a good day! I am trying very hard to stay positive.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

My adult son spent the night. We all went to church, then to dinner at my inlaws. It was a wonderful time!

Happy Mother's Day all!