SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Update On What's Working --Tapping! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/256545-update-whats-working-tapping.html)

Chakaido 05-12-2012 12:29 AM

Update On What's Working --Tapping!

A quick update. After tapering down, I am now in a 1 month period of abstinence and its going well. Last night was my first night in a long time where I slep from 12 -7am in the morning straight through.

What's helping? I thought I'd share what I've newly discovered that has been helpful (which wasn't expected). It is called "tapping" or Emotional Freedom Technique. I thought it sounded kinda kooky but it works by tapping on meridians in your body just like acupuncture, and making statements to bring up feelings at the same time.

So I thought I'd check this free, learning summit out to see how it might help. And after a couple times doing it, it seems to be helping at a subconscious level with helping change my thinking and behaviour. I'm not affiliated with this but perhaps it might help others as well!

Tapping World Summit 2012

Yes, there is hope for those to find their path that will work for them. Now that's empowering vs. helplessness in action :-)

Sapling 05-12-2012 01:45 AM

Good luck to you Chakaido...I'm glad you're done with the tapering. I think I'll stick with what works for millions of other people. Keep us updated on how it's going.

hypochondriac 05-12-2012 01:51 AM

I wouldn't have believed that EFT could possibly work except I have a couple of friends who swear by it for anxiety, I've yet to look into it myself though. Anything that helps has got to be a good thing x

Jeni26 05-12-2012 01:56 AM

Hi. I have heard of this and did some research into it a few years ago when I became paralysed with fear about public speaking. I had to give a big presentation at work and it made me physically ill with stress.
I found it did help somewhat with that, and though it didn't completely get rid of the nerves it did give me something else to concentrate on.
I hadn't thought about using it for my alcoholism. I'm finding my strength in my support networks is working well.
Let us know how it goes, it sounds very interesting x

Zencat 05-12-2012 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Chakaido (Post 3398716)
What's helping? I thought I'd share what I've newly discovered that has been helpful (which wasn't expected). It is called "tapping" or Emotional Freedom Technique. I thought it sounded kinda kooky but it works by tapping on meridians in your body just like acupuncture, and making statements to bring up feelings at the same time.

:) I'm glad you found what works.

LOL...kooky. I see plenty of other people (millions actually) doing what looks kooky to me as a way to get sober. But somehow it works for them...go figure.

Keep up the healthy progress!