Notices

I really need some help. I can't stop.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi Mike

The truth is you can get sober without AA. Although AA is by far the most available and popular recovery program out there, it is not the only way to make sweeping life changes that can get you sober and keep you sober.

Stick with being here at SR, its a good place to start practicing a new way to heal.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
NAIOU

I see no one has suggested that you try NA. NA has a much younger crowd. This is what NA has to say about alcohol. Don't be confused about alcohol. Alcohol is a drug. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. It has worked for me for a long time. Good luck on your journey. Logo
Old 05-11-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by logo View Post
I see no one has suggested that you try NA. NA has a much younger crowd. This is what NA has to say about alcohol. Don't be confused about alcohol. Alcohol is a drug. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. It has worked for me for a long time. Good luck on your journey. Logo
Good call. I'm notorious for assuming everyone equates AA to all 12 step fellowships...and yes, you'll find me in AA, NA, CA...if its got 12 steps attached I'm coming in your doors. You've been warned! Ha!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome michael -

You're not alone...... a lot of us felt we'd never be able to get sober and couldn't even imagine a life without alcohol. The problem is that the longer we drink, the worse things get. I hope that you'll keep reading and see that with help, you really can start living a better life......

Glad you're here!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Mike....AA is what has worked for me and millions of others, but I take a pragmatic approach to recovery: Do whatever it takes. Try a different program. Try a different meeting. Try and keep trying. A year ago, if someone had told me that standing on my head in the corner would keep me sober, I would have tried it (fortunately, I tried AA first). You honestly can stop.

--Fenris.