Notices

Hi all. New here.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ride free. Live life.

Hi all. New here.

Hi everyone. I'm new here today and quit drinking 8 days ago. I was drinking 8-12 cans a day and have done for years. I've not had shakes or anything and so far seem to have a fairly easy time of it. Only the last couple of days have had cravings but have found that reading on the net has been a huge help. Always good to know you're not the only one going through things. My aim is to stay sober for the rest of my life and enjoy the finer things and the health and being able to treat my family and get my business running instead of drinking profits.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR BadendBiker....I went from 8 to 12 a day to putting away over a case a day...Morning to night...Had me shaking and baking...That sucked...I think you're smart to get a handle on it now...Have you put any thought into how you want to stop for good?
Old 05-12-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ride free. Live life.

Hi and thanks.

Not really put much thought into it. We have small as well as adult kids and a business so I figure I pretty much always have my hands full. I have a friend with a punch bag too so am planning on working out with him a few times a week.

I guess the biggest incentive for me is being able to see our two youngest (18mths and 4) grow up to be adults.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's a good reason...You really have to do it for yourself....They'll reap the rewards...Have you ever tried stopping before on your own?
Old 05-12-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ride free. Live life.

Hi Sapling.
I've never tried to stop at all. I did "cut it out" for the odd week or month but never really thought it's time to quit.
I am sleeping better now though. The odd funky dream but not about failing. I was going to go to AA meetings but I have found that so far just reading about people on the net has been a huge help. Maybe at some point in the future I'll need the extra help of AA but for now I'm ok. I just wanted to be part of something where I can share my thoughts and feeling etc that isn't facebook lol
Old 05-12-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hey BB

Hoping you have a great weekend.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ride free. Live life.

Thanks Michael. You too mate.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's cool...The reason I asked was I wasted a lot of time trying on my own...I needed the support and I needed some major change in my life. That's what I got out of AA...Change. It's good to know it's there...There are other programs or methods you can use....Look around the site...Take what you can. I don't care how you do it...I'd just like to see you do it. For you and your family. Glad to have you here BadendBiker...Some great people here.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome BadendBiker!

Great to have you and congrats on your sobriety! I had a lot of cravings in the beginning (sometimes they'd pop up out of nowhere!), but less and less over time - life is good sober! Coming here everyday has made all the difference for me.

I'm a better mom these days, calmer and more positive - I know you're going to see those kind of changes, too!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ride free. Live life.

Thanks Sapling and I will make sure I have a good look around. I love movies and books so am hoping that I can keep busy like that in the evenings and in the day we have the kids and the business to also keep me busy. This weekend has been easier than I thought it would be so far. Almost bedtime lol

Hi artsoul and thank you!!
Yeah I have the odd moment when I've suddenly thought oh I need a beer but a bottle of water or a cookie has stopped it lol.
Thank you for your kind words and thank you all for the lovely warm welcome.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!
Old 05-12-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Welcome to SR badendbiker. I like the positive attitude you're bringing. Hang on to it. Glad you're here.

--Fenris.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome, this is a great place.

It's good to have long term goals like you mentioned.

Good luck
Old 05-12-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi B&B, you've found a good place!
Old 05-12-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Badendbiker

This place was instrumental in me keeping myself sober, so I hope SR, and the people in it, can be as useful to you

good to have you with us

D
Old 05-12-2012, 11:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ride free. Live life.

Thanks for the welcome guys. It's really appreciated. Didn't have the best nights sleep last night but hey ho lol.
I do try to stay positive with everything I do. I just keep in mind that there are always people in a worse place than me