Notices

Man I Am Twice Blessed

Old 05-10-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Man I Am Twice Blessed

My neighbor suicidal, reference old posts brought me a Bamboo Good Luck plant today in a little vase. We didn't even talk but we did in something deeper than words. You ever feel something so deep you get teary but not sure why but just let it happen. I hope I don't kill that plant, my green thumb has turned bronze. I placed it in a place of honor but in my apartment that could be anywhere but the kitchen. I hear you need to clean it sometimes?
Old 05-10-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

best of luck with the plant and the kitchen Fitz LOL

D
Old 05-10-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I have nothing to offer on the plant...um, the only thing I can grow are my kids and they are doing well. Maybe you can do what I do with them...feed 'em, water 'em, talk to them, hug them...viola - they flourish!

I hear you on the deeper than words thing...I love when that happens.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Dracaena sanderiana

Caring for Lucky Bamboo
Lucky bamboo is happy to grow without soil in a few inches of water. It prefers moderate or indirect light; avoid direct sun which will scorch the leaves. Temperatures should be between 65–95° F. Fresh, clean water is essential to maintain the plants and the roots should always be wet or moist. Replenish the vase with fresh water every 7–10 days. Feeding every 3–4 weeks with liquid Green Green fertilizer is sufficient. There is more detailed information on our Lucky Bamboo Care Sheet (PDF) including information on towers and other tied arrangements.

Watering Lucky Bamboo
Tap water is sufficient if chlorine levels are low. It is best if you leave a pitcher of tap water sitting out overnight to let the chlorine evaporate before watering your lucky bamboo plant the next day. Unfortunately, fluoride does not evaporate and it is toxic to Dracaena plants. If fluoride levels are high in your tap water, it is recommended that you use a non-fluoridated water source such as bottled water.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

oops. copied from some website, no PDF attached. do a search! Lucky Fitz!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
oops. copied from some website, no PDF attached. do a search! Lucky Fitz!
Yes I should have done that, bad at directions, just prayed over it. It didn.t answer, took it as a good sign. I'm fixing a meal and taking it to my ex-sucidal friend, I hope it doesn't kill him (Sorry)
Old 05-10-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
lol