Notices

I survived the oxy only to die from insomnia

Old 05-10-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi my fiancé does the same thing we the insomnia after coming down off oxycodone. Nothing has helped him he bounces around gets aggravated flips and snaps out. You can go through this for awhile friend. I watch my fiancé daily almost do this or say he doesn't have anything for a day. There is support here, I hope you find peace in doing the right thing you sound like you have major support, and that's a good thing!

Once you jump these hurdles you will be okay.

Proud of you! And I'm here to continue your journey with support!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, I am in day 8 and feeling good about it. I am in a weekend getaway by myself where it has been easy to hide away and use. I come up on Thursday while my wife does all the rest of the work and comes up on Friday. Because of my history I have had brief thoughts/memories of my past behavior flash through my head but there is nothing I can do as I have no pills and no idea where I could get something if I felt that damn stupid. In any event I know that it is just the habit talking and no different than the food thoughts I'm having that are tempting me to give up my diet. All just battles to be won. I have been sitting on the deck reading a book and enjoying the fact that I can. I had found that an oxy increased my ability to "feel" the wording of the book and increased the enjoyment. More crap. I was afraid that I would lose the desire to read when I quit but am enjoying it all the same.

I had also worried that I would not be able to relate to or talk to anyone without it as I am not necessarily all that gregarious. Well, these last days I have been an absolute motormouth so there goes that one. In actuality I had become so isolated with the oxy's and living inside my own head that I could hardly even want to talk to anyone.

As to the insomnia, last night was long but the anxiety was less and I had lost a lot of the feeling that I no longer knew how to fall asleep. It's true but it didn't feel so much like it. I did get a few (4-5) hours of sleep and feel that's a real improvement.

If anyone reads this and knows where the link is to start a new thread could you please tell me. I found it once when I stated this and have not been able to find it since. I am really enjoying everything about this site but navigate by stumble.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

"...while my wife does all the rest of the work..."

Gee, why not help her? You may get closer to your wife.....

Congrats on staying off the pills! Well done!!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~sb

there's a New Thread button on the top left of the screen--it's blue.... I'd copy and paste, but it only gives me the words....I am NOT a computer geek, but I get by.

Stay strong and stay stopped!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

oxy, how are you doing? I read through your posts, and it really hit home about the extreme relief you would feel after you got a stash..then the anxiety you would feel when close to running out. constantly going over how many you have in your head, figuring out how many you could take every so often, trying to make sure you had enough to last, all to taking them way before the next refill or dealer...I know that feeling way too well. Hopefully you are sleeping better. What I found was my saviour the first month was sleepy time tea. That works wonders. I would wake up about 3 or 4am and not be able to fall asleep. Once I could sleep until 6 or so I knew I was getting better. I used to kick my legs all night to try and rid of the RLS, and my husband would think I was crazy! I am at a 100 days tomorrow!!! Keep posting my friend!