SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Help please!!! I am very scared. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/256293-help-please-i-am-very-scared.html)

rdytoquit 05-08-2012 09:16 PM

Help please!!! I am very scared.

I cannot get into the chat room to talk to anyone. I really need some help to make sure I am not going to die going through this detox. No one is here with me.

Thanks,
-S

Dee74 05-08-2012 09:19 PM

Hi rdytoquit

the best thing to do is to see a Dr if you're concerned - if nothing else go to the ER or dial 911.

You'll find a lot of support here but we can't give you medical advice for the simple reason none of us are Drs :)

D

eJoshua 05-08-2012 09:20 PM

Go to the ER if you are concerned about detox! Once you have safely detoxed you can stay sober for good and never have to go through this again.

Best wishes,

Hooped 05-08-2012 09:20 PM

Can you get yourself to the hospital...the ER?
They can help you.
How do you feel?

Wellsc61 05-08-2012 09:27 PM

I agree with everyone if you can get to the hospital and have them help you detox. I detoxed at the center which is a treatment facility. I didn't have any drugs to detox but I had doctors there that could help me if I was In trouble... Good luck!

rdytoquit 05-08-2012 09:32 PM

Scared

I stopped drinking today. I have been a heavy drinker for years. Light beer however. Well I have been researching what to do all day in order to help. I am not how sure how bad it will be.

I have been monitoring my blood pressure. The last time I checked it was 125/100 with a pulse of 93. It was higher, on the pulse over 100.

I have taken 3 1mg Xanax today. and took 30 mg of inderal about 30 minutes ago and it's still high. I went and bought beer. I want to see if drinking 1 will take it down, and wanted some here tomorrow if it's dangerously high.

I might have to taper off, which I hate to think about.

Did anyone else run into this problem. I am also worried as my boyfriend is out of town, no one here with me.

Any thoughts on that blood pressure and pulse from your opinions?

thanks so much!

-rdy

rdytoquit 05-08-2012 09:34 PM

Detox

Also my deductible is 6500K. I prefer to do this at home, I know I can do it myself.

Dee74 05-08-2012 09:36 PM

If you want medical advice please go see a Dr.

We're a peer support group here - we cannot give you medical advice- it's not in your best interests and it's against our rules

D

rdytoquit 05-08-2012 09:38 PM

Detox

I am not asking for medical advice. I would just like to know if anyone noticed their blood pressure and heart rate that high while detoxing.

Hooped 05-08-2012 09:42 PM

Oh yes I have. I went to the ER

Change4good 05-08-2012 09:42 PM

Try and rest, and have your phone by your side if you feel you need it to call for help. If at all possible, call a friend and have her/him with you.

It will get better.

rdytoquit 05-08-2012 09:45 PM

Do you remember how high yours got, Hooped? I am just curious how common this is.

ReadyAndAble 05-08-2012 09:46 PM

Light beer doesn't matter; lots of light beer still adds up to heavy drinking. Beer, wine, shot.. a drink is a drink.

If you're concerned, call for emergency help. Everyone would prefer to do it at home... but personal preferences are trumped by personal safety. We have members here who nearly died detoxing at home.

The good news—you only have to do this once. You found a great place to get support as you move forward. Whatever it takes, you are going to be really glad you did this. :)

Impurrfect 05-08-2012 09:47 PM

I'm not allowed to give medical advise, but I can tell you that detox can raise your blood pressure. Alcohol withdrawal is serious, sometimes fatal.

I've never been through it (crack was my thing) but I was a nurse and I saw many people who needed to be under medical supervision.

I don't even have insurance, but recently had to go to an ER and will just have to make payment arrangements.

This is your life, sweetie. Is there a dr. you can call and get in tomorrow? Yes, I'd rather see you seek help, now, but if not...the sooner the better.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Jitterbugg 05-08-2012 11:51 PM

I detoxed completely alone with no medical care....it was hell. I didn't know any better at the time and I thought it was the flu. Very dangerous! I hope you seek medical assistance! Trust me, you will save yourself a lot of anguish!!

rdytoquit 05-09-2012 12:18 AM

Thanks for all the responses, but my blood pressure has tended to run high and i never had a problem with blood pressure until I started drinking. My blood pressure and pulse were always low. Perhaps I go through withdrawel every day at some point.

I am worried it will climb up higher. I have the phone beside me.

I am on my second beer today and it isn't going down, while my pulse has.

The beer I bought was no excuse for a drink but I read a couple of web sites that scared me.

I generally don't take Xanax and Proprananol (my boyfriends meds he takes rarely, but I have access to it and it is making this detox a bit more bearable. All i care about it the blood pressure/pulse at this point.

I have already screwed it up by drinking these couple beers, but that isn't helping anyway. That was a waste of time, and a set back. No more thinking that's going to help.

I feel my blood pressure has been due to the drinking, I don't know why it would go up going off of it. Quite odd.

I also realize light beer is bad as well. But I wouldn't think Mich Ultra would cause as bad of a detox than hard liquor.

-Rdy

P.S.

I emailed my family Physician also. ;)

Thanks all for your support.

OCDDan 05-09-2012 03:54 AM

a doctor visit shouldn't be more than a hundred right? you probably spend a hundred a week drinkin, the doc can help you out of this mess.

Taking5 05-09-2012 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by rdytoquit (Post 3395024)
Do you remember how high yours got, Hooped? I am just curious how common this is.

It doesn't matter what ours was. If I tell you mine was way worse at 280/170 (it wasn't), you might use that as an excuse to not seek medical help, then die in withdrawals because of my post. I will never do that.

sugarbear1 05-09-2012 07:48 AM

I don't post on facebook "my house is on fire"

I call the fire department.

Please get to a doctor or ER. Stop mixing booze and pills.

rdytoquit 05-10-2012 05:53 AM

Sugarbear,

I don't mix pills and alcohol, and I never said I did. I was only using pills while not drinking in order to make me feel calmer (i.e. to make it easier) while also having blood pressure medication on hand. Please don't make assumptions like that.