Notices

This is my medication

Old 05-08-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is my medication

I wen to my second AA meeting today. First one was a few months back. It has become more and more apparent that we, alcoholics, are indeed sick. It is something I just recognize as grammatically correct wording, but something that is truly imbedded in mine and all our lives. Being a sick individual, we need many different forms of medication to get better. Bedrest, hydration, free of stress, quiet time, good nutrition, and spirituality in some form are needed in all forms of illness. Sometime pharmaceutical drugs are needed, sometimes holistic medication works, sometimes chicken soup is the best cure.

For us, AA or some other form of support group may be the best medication. And like anti-biotics, if you do not finish your medication, the bug can come back, worse, often even more resistant than the first time (MRSA, VRSA). The only difference is, our prescription will last a lifetime, and if we do not follow directions, death via Resistant-Alcoholism is sure to occur, preceded by a very unhappy and painful life.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by loudog430 View Post
I wen to my second AA meeting today. First one was a few months back. It has become more and more apparent that we, alcoholics, are indeed sick. It is something I just recognize as grammatically correct wording, but something that is truly imbedded in mine and all our lives. Being a sick individual, we need many different forms of medication to get better. Bedrest, hydration, free of stress, quiet time, good nutrition, and spirituality in some form are needed in all forms of illness. Sometime pharmaceutical drugs are needed, sometimes holistic medication works, sometimes chicken soup is the best cure.

For us, AA or some other form of support group may be the best medication. And like anti-biotics, if you do not finish your medication, the bug can come back, worse, often even more resistant than the first time (MRSA, VRSA). The only difference is, our prescription will last a lifetime, and if we do not follow directions, death via Resistant-Alcoholism is sure to occur, preceded by a very unhappy and painful life.
My guess is that you are in the medical field. MRSA and VRSA is a dead give away.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was listening to a speaker the other day....He was saying our problem wasn't alcohol. Our problem was lack of power. I couldn't control alcohol...No more than I could manage my life. I needed power for that. The way for me to get that power....Was to work the 12 steps of AA. So for me....The only medication I need is power. Simple as that. My sponsor told me the first day I met him..."You know what your problem is?....You have no power and you need a new manager."....He was right...Again.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Nah, anybody can say methicillin or vancomycin and really really mean it.