SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hi to all newbie here on first day of trying to abstainne. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/256142-hi-all-newbie-here-first-day-trying-abstainne.html)

Piscean69 05-07-2012 01:44 AM

Hi to all newbie here on first day of trying to abstainne.

Hi all and what a great site to come across.ive decided after years of drinking 4/6 pints a night enoughs enough.i drink every evening weather pub or carry homes.ive tried and promised to me self before but didn't last long till it got me again.. Same excuses work pressure I deserve one etc.ost many girlfriends through it even me daughters mum.never got violent just didn't want the drinking all the time. Had enough chances to be fair.hope to find some support and advice here. Like I said dreading this evening coming as its around 5ish the craving starts and beats me.

Sylver36 05-07-2012 01:50 AM

Hi piscean69. I'm new here & I can relate. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I think we have picked a good place to start getting well. Good luck on your journey!!

Piscean69 05-07-2012 01:55 AM

Cheers matey a long road ahead but the right one.

Gottalife 05-07-2012 02:29 AM

All the best in your journey. Please keep in mind that withdrawals can be dangerous for alcoholics. If it starts to get bad, see your doctor quick.

hypochondriac 05-07-2012 03:14 AM

This site is indeed ace. :) Welcome Piscean and Sylver.

How to deal with cravings is something that is discussed here a lot have a look around and I'm sure you'll find something that will work for you. This is tough but not impossible x

tammygirl 05-07-2012 04:07 AM

Today is day one for me.....again. I, too, am scared of tonight and I already am shaky, but I made one month and LOVED it. I need to get this taken care of as well.

tanja 05-07-2012 04:21 AM

Welcome sylver, piscean and tammygril:c031: Just take it one day at a time. Recognize that you are stronger than you think! Reach out and keep posting.

Piscean69 05-07-2012 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by tammygirl (Post 3392476)
Today is day one for me.....again. I, too, am scared of tonight and I already am shaky, but I made one month and LOVED it. I need to get this taken care of as well.

Hang in there tammy I'm feeling the same just trying to take me mind off things first time as well I've just been to the shop and not bought me lager:)

mwstylee 05-07-2012 06:26 AM

Count me in, another day 1 guy here.

stillsleeping 05-07-2012 06:28 AM

And it just stopped raining! :)

OCDDan 05-07-2012 06:44 AM

try and remember how you feel right now, maybe even write it down because sooner or later that voice will be telling you a drink is okay.

Piscean69, did i read that right, you just bought more? sorry to hear that.

justhadenough 05-07-2012 07:13 AM

Day 1 for me.....................again. I got to 6 weeks last time, then had 2 drinks.Then off and on for weeks but recently drinking every night.

Determined this will be the last time.

2granddaughters 05-07-2012 07:55 AM

I found sobriety in the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

I wish you well in your chosen recovery program.

Bob R

Piscean69 05-07-2012 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by OCDDan (Post 3392631)
try and remember how you feel right now, maybe even write it down because sooner or later that voice will be telling you a drink is okay.

Piscean69, did i read that right, you just bought more? sorry to hear that.

No mate don't no we're you read that I just bought more from.awake now and feeling ok. Proud of me self went evening with out a drink.determined to do this:)

CarolD 05-08-2012 02:12 AM

:wavey:
Yes sober living is so worthwhile...glad you are heading there...:yup:

Please check with your doctor about how best to de tox
..it's often uncomfortable even dangerous for many of us.

Welcome

Piscean69 05-08-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by CarolD (Post 3393846)
:wavey:
Yes sober living is so worthwhile...glad you are heading there...:yup:

Please check with your doctor about how best to de tox
..it's often uncomfortable even dangerous for many of us.

Welcome

Do indeed to detox. I don't have a clue about this at all. 2 days now. I feel okay no shakes or nothing.im confused now just thought if I stay off it I'll be on without any health issues.

bryangt 05-08-2012 12:07 PM

Welcome & congratz to Day One-ers! It's not a journey of 100 or 1,000 days but a journey of One Day at a Time...and early on, even 1 hour at a time will work. Surround yourself with positive & sober (new) friends. AA works for me...find meetings you feel relaxed & at home with. I find serenity at these meetings. Take what you hear & try to apply it to your way of working whatever program. This is a good place to 'browse', share or get advice. Keep coming back!

Piscean69 05-08-2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by bryangt (Post 3394371)
Welcome & congratz to Day One-ers! It's not a journey of 100 or 1,000 days but a journey of One Day at a Time...and early on, even 1 hour at a time will work. Surround yourself with positive & sober (new) friends. AA works for me...find meetings you feel relaxed & at home with. I find serenity at these meetings. Take what you hear & try to apply it to your way of working whatever program. This is a good place to 'browse', share or get advice. Keep coming back!

How do you get a programme. I'm new to this and read the forums and decided to give it a go. I'm trying I'm under so much pressure at the moment. Losing me flat through a months miss payment. Left me job through stress but still not drinking. I feel like a few tonight alright but dont want to wake up feeling crap about doing it, plus the other stresses I have as well.

Grateful Heart 05-08-2012 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Piscean69 (Post 3392395)
Hi all and what a great site to come across.ive decided after years of drinking 4/6 pints a night enoughs enough.i drink every evening weather pub or carry homes.ive tried and promised to me self before but didn't last long till it got me again.. Same excuses work pressure I deserve one etc.ost many girlfriends through it even me daughters mum.never got violent just didn't want the drinking all the time. Had enough chances to be fair.hope to find some support and advice here. Like I said dreading this evening coming as its around 5ish the craving starts and beats me.

Hi Piscean69, welcome abroad. You're in the right place. Grateful Heart.

Dee74 05-08-2012 02:09 PM

Welcome to SR Piscean69 :)

If you're interested in programmes I can give you a few links :)

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main players - you can read around a bit, maybe find something that gels with you:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach

good to have you with us :)
D