SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I rsign from SR (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/256117-i-rsign-sr.html)

MycoolFitz 05-06-2012 07:32 PM

I rsign from SR

I sometimes use the most mild expilictives on SR, I am not a swearer by nature but when freedom of speech is so restricted there is no freedom. My love to all and god's bye to you.

soberred 05-06-2012 07:33 PM

Wait wait. What the H? What happened?

Dee74 05-06-2012 07:37 PM

There's a filter that comes with this forum software - it's always been there - if thats what happened, I wouldn't take it personally at all.

There's a lot of different types of people here Fitz - we're just trying our best to keep everyone in the tent :)

not sure whats going on Fitz but I hope you reconsider.

The freedom to swear is not really the first right I'd make a stand for :)

D

soberred 05-06-2012 07:37 PM

I hope this is a joke. You mean a lot to a lot of people here fitz.

Soberween 05-06-2012 07:39 PM

Sometimes it just feels good to swear. Saying "gosh darn it" is not as satisfying as dropping the F bomb for some people. No worries. No need to leave SR.

aussieblue 05-06-2012 07:41 PM

I hope you decide to stay Fitz!

artsoul 05-06-2012 07:43 PM

I don't know Fitz...... I'd have to think that it wouldn't make this forum any better. Is that really what's upsetting you?:c020:

Dispatches 05-06-2012 07:46 PM

Hang in there fitz, and stay with us!

DisplacedGRITS 05-06-2012 07:49 PM

It's your decision Fritz but leaving would be doing yourself and us a disservice.

suki44883 05-06-2012 07:57 PM

Awww, come on, Fitz. I can't believe you would leave SR just because the software filters out cuss words. I know you've been through a lot lately, but really, it's not worth giving up a support network. I hope you'll sleep on it and come back tomorrow with a different outlook.

Impurrfect 05-06-2012 08:07 PM

(((Fitz))) - the filter does the **** thing on me, all the time. I've had a couple posts removed..not important ones, but it didn't really bother me. That's because SR is such a big part of my recovery.

You're part of the family here, so I hope you reconsider.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Pandora1 05-06-2012 08:12 PM

I hope to wake up in the morning and see a post from you. Last time when you were sick and wasn't posting I was worried about you. Stay with us. We all need each other.

EternalQ 05-06-2012 08:13 PM

Sometimes it is okay to lose the battle, if we all win the War.. .. Right?

SR is about a community after all. We have the whole of our offline lives to be individuals. Communities require some sacrifice to make them work.

Hopefully you will reconsider, and not take something that is equally applied to all members, so personally... Because you obviously mean a lot to many members.

ReadyAndAble 05-06-2012 08:19 PM

Oh ****!

Seriously, Fitz, you need to reconsider. This is a room full of drunks and drug addicts, not a Disney princess tea party. In the real world, I use obscenities as a form of punctuation. The only thing that would bother anyone would be your disappearance. You're among friends. Give yourself and everyone else here the benefit of the doubt, OK?

wellwisher 05-06-2012 08:25 PM

Well, I have to confess, Fitz, that my walls are in need of a washing because of the expletives that fly out of my mouth on a daily basis.

But filters are filters. I've seen people in Florida mention Boca Raton and it gets edited. Wonder if they fixed that yet? I guess I'll find out when I post this.

I hope you reconsider, and I'm also wondering if filtering works on PM?

Feel free to PM and drop DA BOMB at me.

All my best.....

SoberMan2012 05-06-2012 10:37 PM

If I have ever been filtered I am not aware. Usually online, I try not to have potty mouth. It does happen, SR has been very accepting of me and my quirks in general. I hope you stay Fitz!

stillsleeping 05-06-2012 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble (Post 3392139)
In the real world, I use obscenities as a form of punctuation.

And I thought you were such a nice young man!

Fitz, most of us need to swear, for fck's sake. But you were a teacher - you know that freedom of speech is a lie. Not for censorship, but for community. Here in the UK, the C word (I mean ****, not community :)) is like a friendly greeting, and one that my H and I use regularly for each other. In America I know that for a lot of people it's practically seen as the mark of the beast. I don't want someone sweet and innocent like ZenCat to come on to my posts and get all upset, so SR makes sure he's not going to. :D

Shared language. Don't take it personally. You need this place.

Still
xx

Jeni26 05-06-2012 11:14 PM

And we need you!!!

Reconsider this move, you're part of our family xxxx

BillyPilgrim 05-06-2012 11:33 PM

Try a few UK swear words fitz. The software doesn't know about those

coming_clean 05-06-2012 11:34 PM

too bad,
I wanted to quit for an almost similar reason on a buddhist forum,
So glad I stayed,
Dee74 corrected me a few times on my postings here on SR personally,
I'm really glad he did/does (lol, till we meet again),
It helps me grow,
Life is filled with rules and restrictions,
Everywere,

Still hoping this was just a lash-out concerning the swearing and such,
And you get the @#$@#$ back over here Fitz :)