Notices

Blah

Old 05-06-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blah

That's how I seem to feel this evening. So lonely. Is it common for emotions to arise when getting sober? Everything seems magnified.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Vajra. I'm new at this too. I would think that it is common because I know when I'm drinking I'm usually covering up my emotions.Thats part of the reason I joined. So when I'm feeling something I don't dive in a bottle. Good luck on your journey!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's pretty common. My moods were up and down for the first few weeks. You take the alcohol away and the mind and body need a little time to adjust. Just try and take it a day at a time...Hour at a time if you have to.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep thats the alcohol wanting you to take another drink so you feel better. Thats how it works but dont the bad feelings will get better after a while. You may need to go to a detox if not find a AA meeting in your erea you will meet people that have been sober for a while and can help you. They have Big Books get one this will give you hope and strenght. Keep posting it helps.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
4-23-2012

I've made it two weeks and today I was also blah. Which I didn't expect because I had some not-blah days. Thought about drinking, but worked outside for a couple of hours and was fine.

I hope after a couple of more weeks that feeling becomes less frequent. It really drains the fun out of the weekend when nothing interests me. I'm not going to let alcohol be the only thing that interests me, again.

I think I need to get back to regular daily excercise.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, it is normal. Your senses are no longer being dulled by alcohol and you're coming back to reality.

I drank alone, mostly, and was never lonely because I had the booze right next to me, my companion.

My mind worked overtime while drinking and thinking. But the thoughts were all pipedreams. I was out of touch with reality.

Give it some time. Maybe go to an AA meeting, you'll meet people much like yourself. Stick with the things you can relate to.

I do believe your loneliness will diminish over time. I'm still alone, but I'm never lonley now.
I understand what you're feeling. I felt the same way after I quit. Stick with sobriety and you'll see a whole new world open up to you.

Best to you, and keep posting if you feel too lonely.