Notices

Mood swings

Old 05-05-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mood swings

I forgot how bad the moods swings are when I quit drinking. I can't seem to shake this depression today. My daughter was suppose to hang out with me today and then she made plans with someone else. It hurt like hell. Of coarse I didn't let her know that. Just have the case of the poor mes right now. The tears keep coming. Now that I made a psych appointment for Tuesday, I am sitting here thinking of things I am going to say and a whole lot of things that I have stuffed deep down are starting to surface. What's good is I don't feel like going and buying a bottle. Not yet anyway. I guess I will crank up the music and clean the house. That always keeps me occupied. I hope this goes away soon.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The bad feelings will go away just try to keep your mind occupied with positive influence have you tried aa good program to at least try you will meet people that can help with the problem your going to go through. Get you the aa book or big book the reading jumps out at us alcoholics and gives some hope.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberred View Post
I forgot how bad the moods swings are when I quit drinking. I can't seem to shake this depression today. My daughter was suppose to hang out with me today and then she made plans with someone else. It hurt like hell. Of coarse I didn't let her know that. Just have the case of the poor mes right now. The tears keep coming. Now that I made a psych appointment for Tuesday, I am sitting here thinking of things I am going to say and a whole lot of things that I have stuffed deep down are starting to surface. What's good is I don't feel like going and buying a bottle. Not yet anyway. I guess I will crank up the music and clean the house. That always keeps me occupied. I hope this goes away soon.
Yeah, ... those mood swings and creepy feelings remind us of why we started drinking in the first place.
My meetings are where I dump my garbage.
My recovery is a daily reprieve from the disease if I work my program.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that you're seeing a therapist soon, and good for you for thinking ahead of things that you want to talk about. You might even write down a few things to help keep you focused. You can get through the mood swings and 'yay' for beginning to deal with the underlying issues.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

You have some phone numbers, ya know! Try listening to AA speaker tapes, are you in AA? Anyway, I like listening to the stories as they always give me hope that things can change. xa-speakers.org is a good one.

Love,
Old 05-05-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

My mental illness can have me on a mood swing from hell sometimes. Moods can be persistent, especially the depressive disorder ones. Choosing not to make them worse alcohol is a good strategy.

Music and cleaning is a good therapeutic tool that I use too.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberred View Post
I guess I will crank up the music and clean the house. That always keeps me occupied. I hope this goes away soon.
Such a good idea. As I was reading your post that's exactly what I was going to suggest. Being productive when we are "in our own heads" is huge. I bet you feel better when you're done. Take care and go easy on yourself. Everything always works out just as it's suppose to.

Hang in there!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, the mood swings go away, you'll settle down, but it takes time. Don't know how long you've been sober but it took me a couple months to start feeling 'on an even keel'. It will come, just don't start drinking again or it will all start over.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Feeling a bit better today. Took me most of the day to get out of the funk. At least the tears stopped. My daughter text me at 4pm telling me about her day like nothing happened. I never replied. I was too hurt. I guess she had no idea how much I wanted to be around her yesterday. That is my problem not hers. How many times have I changed plans or didn't call her back because I was too drunk? Too many. She is the only one that hasn't given up on me so I shouldn't be so critical. Everything is amplified and I recognize that. Addiction robs us of so much. Thanks to all that replied. I don't like to air my drama to people but it seems that when I get on this site, I can't stop my fingers from typing.