Notices

Here I go again....

Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
I'm really starting to feel like somebody needs to snatch my arse up and put me on the right path.

If you have passed out in your truck it suggest to me that you've been driving drunk at some point. Keep that up and you will probably get your arse snatched up.

Get some help (AA has worked for me) before your bottom becomes even lower.
I don't drink and drive, havnt in a long time, I just sit outside or in my truck and do my thing so I dont disturb anyone sleeping in the house. Sad I know.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nonblondechef View Post
Read the red stuff - enough said! :ghug3
That all seems great but I can't get my head in the game.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I've gone in slopes recently, I was really drinking hard, then cut way back now I'm drinking hard again if not harder than ever.

I once used to be a fun loving enjoyable person that many loved. I've since gave up on all things that used to make me happy and have secluded myself from alot of friends.

I think part of my problem with drinking more lately is because I don't have a job so there for I have nothing to motivate me to get up in the morning..... Sooo with that being said it's like I have nothing better to do than drink all night and sleep all day.

It's a terrible revolving door.

Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
tony,

my boyfriend is 15 yrs older than you...but not too far off from your situation.

He wants to BE sober, but he doesn't want to to what it takes to GET sober, and to learn to LIVE sober.

He's all kinds of scared, but lately he's been getting more scared of what happens if he goes on like he has been the past few months....

Like you, he doesn't want to take his parent's money unless he is REALLY going to do this thing.

I respect that.

My BF had been sober for 5 months last year, and liked where his life was headed, but when things got hairy, he decided that he really just liked beer...

it sounded like that should simplify things, but somehow it didn't. Because there are lots of other things he likes too, and beer has become a jealous mistress keeping him away from all the other things he loves.

I'm glad you're here, on SR, and here with us as in still alive and kicking. Part of you wants this, don't let fear talk you out of it.