Notices

59 days and thankful

Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

59 days and thankful

The changes I am going through.....where do I start...... It is so amazing that I don't have to lie to myself and my husband anymore. The weight and burden of my secret was weighing heavily on my mind and body. I feel so much lighter. I can look in the mirror and I am happy with what is looking back at me. I no longer have to worry about what I said the night before because now I actually remember. I can concentrate for more than 2 minutes now. I can put a sentence together without forgettig what I am trying to say half way through it. I can sleep for 8 hours straight now. I can get things done around the house because it no longer cuts into my drinking time. I can go out for a drive at anytime of the day and night. I can take my dog to new places as I am able to drive now. I can make wonderful meals because I finally have an appetite. I can use the money that I used to spend on wine on a new pair of shoes or jeans. I can be out in public and not be paranoid that someone can smell alcohol on me. I can actually smell and taste things now. My favourite thing though by far is being in control. I love that I am back in the drivers seat.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love this. Thank you.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very well done Holly7. Good for you.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey Holly! I'm on Day 57!! Ditto on everything you said but the dog stuff. I'm a cat person, lol!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey Holly! I'm on Day 57!! Ditto on everything you said but the dog stuff. I'm a cat person, lol!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love cats too. I have a indoor kitty. Tried to get her to go outside but she doesn't like it at all. Lol
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh, well said, Holly7. It hasn't been that long for me but you are reminding me of why I am not drinking and I am remembering more vividly the weight of it all, the hassles, having to live with all that and playing defense all the time. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Being able to drive whenever seemed pretty cool to me, no longer have to schedule my transportation around my alcohol anymore. I haven't been able to do that in years
Old 05-03-2012, 08:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
No way, dogs rule: Good for you on 57 days.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zanzibar View Post
No way, dogs rule: Good for you on 57 days.
I have a great Dane. He is my everything.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Holly7 View Post
I have a great Dane. He is my everything.
I have a Pittbull mix, a Jack Russell mix, a Black Eskimo, and a diabetic representative of just about every breed on the planet. I like to be kept busy. Put them together and you probably get 1/10 of your dane.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I got nothing against dogs zanzibar! Hehehe. I used to be a petsitter. I live in a rental place now that doesn't allow dogs so we're gonna have to hold off for a few years. I had the sweetest rescued hound for seven years. I miss my old doggy. Pups are awesome but i do adore my kitties.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zanzibar View Post
I have a Pittbull mix, a Jack Russell mix, a Black Eskimo, and a diabetic representative of just about every breed on the planet. I like to be kept busy. Put them together and you probably get 1/10 of your dane.
Lol