Notices

I'm so freaking depressed today

Old 05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm so freaking depressed today

I drank a fifth of whiskey yesterday and a fifth of vodka day before.I cut off almost my hair and my 9y.o. son started cutting his too.Why am I such a p.o.s.? My selfishness makes me sick.I have one day in jail this Sat. for a DUI and I got it into my stupid head to stay drunk so I don't have to think about it. When will it ever end? I can't drive but was thinking about going to AA or something.Does anyone know how to find out if I can get a sponsor pick me up?
Old 05-03-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Google: AA meeting tucson arizona

Call some numbers. You asked when it will stop. It can stop right this second. Stop drinking. Reach out. Be proactive in your recovery.

Good luck.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand about fear - but trying to drink the week away is clearly not a good strategy for you or anyone around you.

I really hope you reach out today Ziney - both you and your son deserve better than the last few days, y'know?

D
Old 05-03-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I'm so sorry, ziney - you have to be hurting pretty bad. Alcohol can just destroy us emotionally. What about getting to a doctor (or even ER) today? I don't think you want to be going through serious withdrawals on Saturday. Please get the help you deserve and I'll send some prayers your way....:ghug3
Old 05-03-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi i am new here. Came across this site this evening and read some excerpts from Under the influence. Very interesting. I have been struggling with alcohol addiction all my adult life, im now 39. Although looking back I had bad reactions to alcohol from the age of about 13. A few incidents in my teens, and then when i could i got drunk and had some fun with it but it didn't take long before it was starting to take its toll. I scraped through education and half decent jobs - most days with a hangover and depression. I quit for a year a few years ago and in the last 3 years its been up and down but actually a lot better than it was in my early to mid thirties. At the beginning of the year I set myself the target of drinking on 46 occassions in 2012, which i have reduced to 30. Ive drunk 13 times so far this year which would be ok if i was a normal drinker - but i am not. I tend to drink a bottle of wine when i drink and i prefer to do it quickly and on my own and then go to bed. The hangovers are horrendous and i feel like my world is hopeless. I have to stop and want to make the commitment to myself for the sake of my life and my mental health. I am frightened to take the plunge again as I did so well to give up for a year and felt great most of the time after the initial shock to the system. I am disappointed with myself that i couldnt sustain it.

The depression lifts when the alcohol goes.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR vimfuego

D
Old 05-03-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Call this number...Explain your situation..Tell them where you are and maybe they can hook you up...... (520) 624-4183

Here is a site for AA in your area.

Tucson Area Intergroup | Home Page

Good luck...Sounds like it's about time for you to give it up.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ziney

Hang in there man. I was lower than low today. Reread some posts here and it helped me. I am doing all I can to not walk to the store for a bottle. I have the house all to myself tonight (rare) and no one would know.

I would know.

Your not a POS. Neither am I.

Glad ya posted!

Ken
Old 05-03-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah...We're not bad people weasel....We're good people with a bad problem. Things do get better.....Just don't pick up the first drink.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exactly. Alcoholism isn't a character defect and we can and do get better.

I'm sorry you're hurting, but you know the alcohol is making things worse. Do the jail time, get that done with and move on with your recovery.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there and don't give in! Don't let the Beast talk you into it. Only sickness, depression, and remorse will follow.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi vimfuego. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any one who succeded on their first try. Pick yourself up, and try again, and again, and again. Untill you get it right. When you first started walking I bet you didn't get up and run across the room either. Don't worry about not drinking tomorrow just today, and everyday you wake up you'll find it's today again. By the way the target number is 0. And don't kid yourself a year translates into you can do it. Good Luck.