Notices

Today is day 1

Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Today is day 1

Today is my last day 1. Took my last hydros yesterday and my docs are not going to rx them again and I am not going to steal anymore frm my mother. My last night of drinking was last Thursday and it was awful. It was the night before my daughter's 13 birthday and her Bat Mitzvah weekend and I was mixing vodka and pills and woke up on the carpet in my own vomit. Thank G-d I woke up. I think that was my bottom...but the addictive mind is sneaky and already thought of drinking are back. Just don't mix with pills, drink slower, have my husband pace me etc. I am back in the chairs at AA and asked a woman to sponsor me last night. I am waiting to hear back from her.

I can't wait to live my life again. I used to work out daily and be active and fit--I can't wait to start again. I quit cooking dinners, readng books, etc. Taking a handful of pills and chilling in bed with tv was all I wanted to do.

Thanks for reading. This time in my recovery I have a solid plan...people to call, books to read, and honesty.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

aeo, so sorry to hear you are going thru this torture again, but i'm really glad to hear you are back on the wagon, I'll send you a prayer
Old 05-02-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
I can't wait to live my life again. I used to work out daily and be active and fit--I can't wait to start again. I quit cooking dinners, readng books, etc. Taking a handful of pills and chilling in bed with tv was all I wanted to do..

Alcohol was my downfall, but I had the very same feelings. I gave up all the small things I had loved such as reading, cooking, spending time with my children. This disease robs you of everything.

Stay focused and you will be able to get through today.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope this can be your last day one too A.
I know you well enough to know that person is not who you want to be.

D
Old 05-02-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, I am glad you are here. We can make it. Just one moment and day at a time. I wish you the best.

Love and Blessings
Chrisy
Old 05-02-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope that was enough for you aeo1313...I'm glad you woke up too and I really hope you get it this time.