Notices

Into day 7 of being sober, so lethargic...

Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Into day 7 of being sober, so lethargic...

I've been 6 nights and almost 7 days sober today, even though the day isn't even half over. But I have no desire at the moment to drink, I did the last 2 days, but some how I held back through self talk. Honestly I don't have the energy to even go get a drink even if I was craving one. I over came my cravings mostly through comments and wisdom I learnt from this site. My problem now is I am soooooo tired, or more like completely exhausted, debilitating actually. I was hoping to feel way better and not to have that hung over feeling, but I almost feel worse. I have no motivation, none, and I get so easily overwhelmed by the most simple things. Haven't had a shower in 3 days. Obviously I'm not working. I do have PMS, which always makes me fatigued, but this is worse than usual. I am already on anti-depressants and I'm not depressed, not at all, just really effin exhausted.

Is this common and when will it dissipate?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jaynee,

I think everyone is different. But, I feel the same way! I believe it gets better with time. Pamper yourself and believe in yourself. That's the approach I am taking.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

not showering, being low energy & sleeping a lot, you may be depressed; thats why you may be on an anti-depressant. Regardless, no doubt your body is recovering, trying to rebalance itself. Take a shower, get dressed; thats important, every day, no matter what...and give it time. You've been through a lot. If you still feel as you do now after a bit of time, by all means tell the doc who proscribed the anti-depressants; who knows, it could be some kind of side effect.

stay with it. it gets better.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

sleep. I do what my body suggests. Just sleep and recover for a day, you may feel better. Definitely take a shower. Ya gotta re-parent yourself and make sure you at least eat, shower, and sleep. Heal well.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was normal for me Jaynee - I hope you feel better tomorrow.
If it goes on too long or you feel concerned, maybe it's best to see your Dr?

D