Notices

Why alcohol is harmful but allowed everywhere

Old 04-30-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes LovePrayLive I consider myself an alcoholic and thats why I am here to keep sober as tried by myself and relapsed many times, and learnt it is an illness for life. And when I drunk I did for the effect not the taste, in fact I would drink anyhing not matter how horrible tasted. Fortunately as a child I did care about the taste and had little red wine with lots of lemonade to maker nicer.

It is true that to be forbiden wont stop people from drink, I used to live in the UK and the fact that alcohol is more expensive and spirits measured in 25 ml make an effect on me and when I went to Spain I would drink even more but while in the UK have more control over it at least in bars, but true I would still go to students nights with promos on drinks and manage to get drunk for cheap.

I understand that some moderate drinkers can drink with not problems but I agree with Sunadrain many people that get away with it, do already have a problem. in Spain many men go to church on Sunday looking forward the end of the service and visit every single bar in the village (15) for at least one alcoholic drink before lunch time and this is totally acceptable.

But the biggest danger is in tenagers, I was no educated at home about the danger of alcohol and did not see any warning from outside home. Also is ever so easy to abuse alcohol at one point or another of our lifes once you start using it, when we have hards times like, divorce or spliting up from partners, lose of job, depression after giving birth, or just normal depression is so easy to cover up mood with alcohol..
I do not know what the illegal drugs do to you or your brain but can it be worse that alcohol?

If it was forbidden I would be least available and far more expensive and then if an alcoholic choose to buy alcohol at high price giving up other basics things like food they will soon realise how sad it is and will get help.

I am catholic but I think muslims have a very good points in their religion about alcohol.