SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Lost job and so depressed. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/255449-lost-job-so-depressed.html)

sush2012 04-29-2012 09:09 AM

Lost job and so depressed.

I lost job last friday. I am so depressed. I don't know what to do?

:c020:

sush2012 04-29-2012 09:12 AM

please help me somebody :c020:

sugarbear1 04-29-2012 10:08 AM

Try posting this in the newcomer's forum.

Can you get unemployment insurance (paid for being let go?)?

Anna 04-29-2012 05:51 PM

I moved your thread to the Newcomers forum for you.

I'm sorry you lost your job, but try to remain hopeful that you will find another job. Take some action by working on your resume, searching jobs online. You can move forward. :)

Terminally Unique 04-29-2012 06:02 PM

Whatever you do, do not drink or use. My drinking spiraled completely out of control once when I lost my job, to obscene levels. Too much free time, coupled with anger, depression, etc, are a bad combination. You can easily nosedive into the abyss before you realize it.

Dee74 04-29-2012 06:06 PM

welcome sush :)

I'm sorry you lost your job but try to stay out of despair - use this time to regroup and look for other employment :)

I wish you well :)

Welcome to SR :)
D

sissy07 04-29-2012 06:08 PM

Welcome to SR, sush!

awuh1 04-29-2012 06:20 PM

Tell us a little bit more about what is going on. It will probably do you good to let us in on a few things, then we may have more specific suggestions and ideas. It would help us be more helpful OK?

Opivotal 04-29-2012 06:31 PM

Hi sush...was a pleasure meeting you in chat today. Your gonna do terrific on your job interview tomorrow. Have faith my friend. Try not to let the past dictate your future. You know you can do this, believe in yourself.

Please let us know how it works out.

:ghug3

Best Wishes To You!

FenwayFaithful 04-29-2012 06:55 PM

You take a deep breath you tell yourself you're not the first or only person to lose a job. I'm not saying that to make you feel like it doesn't matter/it's not a big deal because it is devastating and stressful to lose a job...but people have gotten through this before and you can too.
I assume you got some kind of severance package? You can also file for unemployment the time being.
In the mean time look at this as a new chance. Is there another job you've always wanted to do? Is there something you have experience in that maybe you didn't utilize at your old job?
I see you already have an interview. Clearly you're an employee people want. I'm sure you have special skills and things you can offer them. But to do that you need to stay clean/sober in order to be the best possible version of yourself.
I wish you the best of luck. I am sure you WILL find something

scrambled2012 04-29-2012 06:59 PM

Stay on track. Let us know what's going on. You CAN get through this.

sugarbear1 04-29-2012 07:00 PM

I was unemployed for 10 months, it gave me time to fully work on my recovery efforts.

Your new job will come.