Notices

Day 3 and not as scared

Old 04-28-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and not as scared

I can't believe how much I'm sleeping, it's all I want to do. I spent the last night reading peoples stories. I can't believe how incredibly helpful it is. I know I need to get myself to a meeting. It's the only way I will be able to accomplish this. There is one near me tomorrow at 3:00 and I'm going. No matter how badly I'm shaking and quaking inside. I guess the fear is being replaced with determination. I'm actually starting to consider what a sober life will look like, instead of feeling that I will be an outcast if I don't drink. Or like I'm missing out on the fun without alcohol.

Still pretty much isolating myself, I don't trust myself to go outside, liquor stores are everywhere. I'm babysitting my granddaughter tonight. Please don't judge me but this will be the first time I've had her that I didn't drink. I can remember thinking to myself, god I really hope nothing bad happens because I will be a story in the newspaper, "injured baby and drunk grandma". One night my daughter came to pick her up and she had gotten out of bed and was sitting alone in the dark on the couch. I didn't even hear her get up. I have no idea how long she'd been up. I passed out around midnight. I don't want to be that person, I mean I am not that person! I can't believe what I've done to my life.

Hanging in there.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just take it a day at a time...Just don't drink today. You're going to do fine.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Listen with an open mind. We were all full of fear at our first meeting.

Enjoy!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MWarren View Post
I know I need to get myself to a meeting. It's the only way I will be able to accomplish this. There is one near me tomorrow at 3:00 and I'm going. No matter how badly I'm shaking and quaking inside.
I believe you will later find that decision to be a turning point in your life.
It certainly was for me and my family.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-28-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep, that has been one of the biggest rewards of not drinking for me....being trusted (by myself) and being able to take care of my little grandson (and got a granddaughter on the way)! I look at him and often think, what could be better than this? I am proud of you.