Notices

you guys will be proud of me.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

you guys will be proud of me.

I just went through the hardest day of my life so far. after a really heart wrenching visit to the hospital (i mean really heart wrenching), my brother, sisters and brother inlaw went to a restaurant, alcohol was being consumed, if ever there was a time that I thought drinking was appropriete, today would have been it, I didn't drink tho, and it feels like real sucess at least for today. The absolute worst day of my life could be tomorrow, tonight or any minute and the plan is to tough it out. I've been such a loser lately, i wanted to check in to let you guys know i finally suceeded at somethng. thanks for readin, dan

oh, i actually went for a walk when i got home (after that huge meal) and took a bath to warm up the cold to the bone legs..

have a nice night.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Way to go, Dan! You CAN do this. Just deal with each day as it comes. We DO recover!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you Dan...You should be proud of that....Days like that make you stronger... Good job friend!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job Dan, hang in there!!Just remember how good you felt about being sober today. **{hugs & prayers for you}}
Old 04-27-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very good news Dan. Nothing is made better by getting numb. Sometimes we need to keep a clear head. I'm very sorry for what you're going through, but very proud you did not cave.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OCDan,

I am really proud of you!!!! Stay sober - level the playing field so that you can deal with whatever happens when it happens with a sane mind, feeling good about yourself. It will make getting through this EASIER not harder. Really. I am sorry you are going through a difficult time right now. Prayers and love to you and your family.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am really proud of you Dan - times like these are really the measure of someone
well done

D
Old 04-27-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time right now, but I'm happy you're going through it without alcohol.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks everyone, you don't know how good it is to hear your voices. I think i actually got a "high" today when i realized i got through the day without drinking, it only lasted a short time but i still feel really good about it. Well thanks for the kind words, and thank you so much for being here because this is so hard, what i saw today is burned into my mind forever, i'm afraid to go to sleep. it's so wierd, i feel good and bad at the sametime.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It doesn't change what you're going through, but you should be proud of yourself. If you can do this, you can make it through anything. My thoughts are with you.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Dan, I'm so sorry for your painful situation right now, but at the same time so glad that you see that there is no place for drinking in all of this. As horrible and painful as things can be sometimes, there really is a gift in being fully present even in the absolute worst of times.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well done Dan, it's such an amazing feeling when you get through an occasion without drinking.

Im only on day 6 so I've only had one occasion so far when I've had to turn down drink.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Dan, what you are doing is some really good work on yourself. you're not medicating yourself through an extremely difficult and stressful time. Something I'm sure you (and I) have done so many times before. As difficult as it may be, you have chosen to create a better life for yourself. Keep going forward and just don't pick up that first drink. I struggled last night as well, came on here, and listened to these very wise people. I have two weeks today and I'm very happy about it. I wish you all the best and keep coming in here to talk and read and listen to the wisdom of these walls. xo Danica
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

and thanks again, what a nice way to wake up, with more kind words, thank you. This really is quite sureal to me, we're meeting again an noon. I think the concept of being sober and feeling all this is very true. the last time i was in a very similar situation, it was 24 years ago, i had been up all night, it was 6 in the morning, i was throwing up and then got the phone call, complete chaos from the git go, didn't handle it very well. of course when your down, you gotta get kicked, back then, my marriage ended, and my cat got into poison somehow??? and had to be put down. (what a whiner) so no more poor me, i'll take the migraine i woke up with today, (distorted vision and colorfull prizms) and be glad it's not a hangover