Notices

thanks everyone!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Talking thanks everyone!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone on SR for posting. I've been on vacation and had some temptations, cravings and plenty of opportunities to drink and whenever i've felt a bit twitchy i've just pulled up SR and read and posted when i felt like it. I haven't been able to make it to an AA meeting (scheduling has been a b*tch) but i haven't missed them much thanks to SR.

Reading SR threads inspires me when i'm down, reminds me how low i felt on day 0, how hopeful i was at the end of my first week, how that one drink could lead down the rabbit hole and how, any time i am in need, the hand of recovery is only a post or a "The Following Users Say Thank You For This Useful Post" away.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((DG)) - I'm glad that you were able to get past the cravings by reading here. I lurked here, for a couple of years, but what I read stayed in my brain.

When I had finally had enough of using, I kept reading here..finally signed on at 6 months clean. I've been through a lot, but there has never been a time when somone wasn't here that talked me into sanity.

My SR peeps are invauable. I'm a recovering crack addict who also abused alcohol and opitates previously. I've found that I can get what I need to here, just about anywhere here.

Day or night, there is always someone here. I also read a lot of older posts and darned if I didn't find ME in them!

Stick around, sweetie...SR has gotten me to 5+ years of recovery, and I'm all over the board, but it's amazing that I find just what I need to keep on the right path.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-26-2012, 11:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you've made it through OK. I know how tough vacations can be.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey dgillz! I tried texting you. Perhaps i got the number wrong? My schedule's been all wackadoodle. I'm going to Wentzle's tomorrow night for dinner but am thinking about catching an early afternoon meeting. Probably at Alano. I haven't checked the schedule yet. It's been lovely being back in Mobile. I've stuffed myself on seafood and good times with family and friends. Even went to NOLA. Tried to get a virgin strawberry daqari on Bourbon Street. The bartender looked at me like i'd grown another head that started breathing fire. It was amusing!