Notices

Sucks being new huh?

Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sucks being new huh?

You're feeling like hell, totally ashamed of yourself and it's all you can do to keep water down. You feel like it's never gonna end and think the only thing that will make it better is to have a few drinks and knock down that anxiety.

IT GETS BETTER!! I PROMISE! I am on day 7 of sobriety, have 8 AA meetings under my belt and am chapter 4 in the big book.

I don't care if you are an athiest, agnostic or bible thumping religious fanatic AA will embrace you and let you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND THERE IS A WAY OUT OF THIS INSANITY!

Just go and sit and listen if anything, what have you got to lose? Is the insanity of my first paragraph better? Is sitting in jail better than sitting in a room with a bunch of people that admit they can't handle booze, wether you think you can or not?

Are you worth it? Do you want to get sober? Do you want to end the insaine cycle you have been in?

The answer is simple.

IF YOU ARE HERE ON SR READING THIS MESSAGE, DON'T TRY AND FOOL YOURSELF, THE ANSWER IS YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE
Old 04-26-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad AA's working for you Hip - good to hear

D
Old 04-26-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, recovery does get easier and better.

I'm glad you're happy with AA.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hate to sound preachy, I just want to get the message out that it is extemely helpful when you are fresh off the bottle and it seems there are no options.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's awesome to hear that Hip...It's a good message. Keep at it....You never have to drink again...One day at a time. It's all about change...And you are in a great place to get that.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
So it goes

Yep, one day at a time, the first drink does the damage
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

As an agnostic, I thought AA wasn't for me. As a younger person, i thought AA wasn't for me. As an alternative, hip, geeky, internet savvy person, i thought AA wasn't for me. After i went to AA, with my mouth shut, my ears and my heart and my mind open i realized, as an alcoholic, AA was just for me.

Basically, i have nothing in common with the people in my AA group except the fact that i'm an alcoholic and that's been the driving force of my life for the past 8 years. I love those people and they love me.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
As an agnostic, I thought AA wasn't for me. As a younger person, i thought AA wasn't for me. As an alternative, hip, geeky, internet savvy person, i thought AA wasn't for me. After i went to AA, with my mouth shut, my ears and my heart and my mind open i realized, as an alcoholic, AA was just for me.

Basically, i have nothing in common with the people in my AA group except the fact that i'm an alcoholic and that's been the driving force of my life for the past 8 years. I love those people and they love me.
Tears are pouring down my face reading this. Got sober (again) a few weeks ago. Went to an aa meeting id never been to before and spilled my guts. Those wonderful people enveloped me with love and understanding. Here i am, relapsing and feeling horrible again. I cant believe im in this place again. I feel like ive dishonored my previous struggles to get sober.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Nice to hear new folks in recovery talking about solutions! And giving those with less hope a glimmer of it.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by john44 View Post
Tears are pouring down my face reading this. Got sober (again) a few weeks ago. Went to an aa meeting id never been to before and spilled my guts. Those wonderful people enveloped me with love and understanding. Here i am, relapsing and feeling horrible again. I cant believe im in this place again. I feel like ive dishonored my previous struggles to get sober.
Go right back to that group John, tell them you relapsed. They will, once again, envelope you with love and understanding.

We don't shoot our wounded.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Hiptobesquare,

You sound in a great frame of mind. Keep up the good work in your recovery. May your force be with you. Love it. AA helped me get sober wouldn't knock it.

John get back to the meetings that's the main think never give up.

love to you both
CaiHong