Notices

what a mess

Old 04-26-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what a mess

Work has been slow this winter so im home quite abit. I was looking for something in the shop and for the life of me couldnt find it or anything for that matter. Everywhere and i mean everywhere i look are beer cans...in the yard, on shelves, underfoot. made my sad to the point of bawling. I gotta get rid of these things. Hundreds of them. A light night for me was a sixpack of pints plus two 24oz IPA beers. That was pretty boring I guess because mixed with thatI would smoke several bowls of pot just to get the buzz my mind seemed to need. I was for the most part plastered by the time I passed out. The weekends Consisted of no less than a case of beer and way to much weed. Blackouts were a given everytime. Today my alcohol brain has been telling me its thirsty thursday but I refuse. My life, business, family and everything else is a complete disaster. Its a wonder i have any of it. All I have to do is take a look around. That should damn well be enough reason to never drink again. I guess i need to start chipping away and fixing stuff but for now its all i can do just not to go buy some beer. Damn.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Clear out the mess in your shop and treat it as a sympolic clearing out of your mind. It will be nice to not have all those fallen soldiers staring you down. I still come across one from time to time and throw it out right away. It's very cleansing.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That shouldn't be sign to you to go buy more beer...That should be a sign to you that your life was a fricken mess and you are lucky you still have a family...A job and everything else. Throw them out...You may be finding more as time goes on. And don't drink...You're doing good man...Keep it that way.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And if you have any weed or pipes hanging around...Pitch them too!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Your post reminds me of all the times I'd take my 1-3 day reprieves from the drink and would find myself (figuratively) crawling my way out from underneath 3 or 4 months of cans and bottles.... and whew, what a stench I'd been carrying around. I used to smoke the dope too, lots of it in my 20s, I believe that just added to my craving for instant gratification ... drink hardcore, anytime anywhere through my 30s. It took me a while, but I got all them cans cleared out and my mind too.
and I agree, get rid of the pipes as well.. they ain't good for anything.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

badatbooze,

Hang in there. I am sure there are a lot of us here that know how you feel right now. I know I have been there. Not only did I have to clean the place up I had to clean my whole life up....and now I am doing it. Things will start falling into place, I promise. But give yourself a fighting chance and stay sober. It is the best decision you will ever make. Don't waste any more time. Take care.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad you posted, Bad. I went through the whole cycle thing too, many times. I desperately wanted to believe that 'this time' I would use willpower to control myself. I'd just have a few to take the edge off. It never, ever ended up being anything but another binge. With every year that I got older, they were worse - more destructive, harder to recuperate from.

Don't do it - you know it's not fun or an escape anymore. Your real life is waiting. There is no happiness to be found in drinking anymore - it's over for us.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by badatbooze View Post
All I have to do is take a look around. That should damn well be enough reason to never drink again. I guess i need to start chipping away and fixing stuff but for now its all i can do just not to go buy some beer. Damn.
Hey bad,

What ever works for you , great!!! It is very good not to go out and get a sixer and two IPAs. The mess is obviously getting on your last nerve and I will bet you will knock that out soon.

Remember the piles of bottles/trash, bongs and dirty clothing everywhere. I could not even see the floor of my apartment.

Not drinking one day at a time things start to clean up because they aren't acceptable anymore
Old 04-26-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all. This site has really helped. I just waged an all out assult on the refrigerator and the cravings are gone. Food is actually good!! Haha
Old 04-26-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Well done.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

im pretty much in the same boat my friend.
loss of a 14 year relationship with a woman i dearly loved is killing me .
i have a business also but not much getting done at the moment.
garden full of weeds is symbolic of my life.
i only have myself to blame.selfishness and being an uncaring sob got me self i.e all alone.
and i hate myself for it.
have no idea how to get myself out of this pit ive dug for me.
they say you reap what you sow?
im really reaping what i have sown the worst emotional pain and anxiety that i can imagine...
i wish to god i could have a little peace.
my thoughts are with you..
maybe we can get outta this together?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ulverston View Post
have no idea how to get myself out of this pit ive dug for me.
I was there....I said the same thing...What have you tried?