Notices

New from today

Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New from today

Hi everyone,

Just to introduct myself a little, I am a Spanish female, currently living in France, I have been fighting against alcohol abuse for over 10 years now and I always relapse even after over 6 months of being sober, basically could control myself in normal day life by not having alcohol at home but everytime went home to my parents relapsed, they always keep alcohol as no one has problem with it. I hope after joining you and with our mutual help will be able to continue sober even where alcohol is available.
my second problem is that when I was sober I abuse caffeine which caused me anxiety, now I am trying to balance both and of course I am worry about the damage I may have cuase to my brain about the binge drinking for up to 10 days and cut the alcohol suddenly to move to cafe and being completely sober.
No sure how to navegate here but I intent to log in in daily basics and get to know you
Old 04-26-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
So it goes

Welcome sliding doors, you will find the help and support you need here
x
Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR slidingdoors
good to have you with us
D
Old 04-26-2012, 10:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
So it goes

Sliding Hi, most people stay around whats new , click the "new posts" link on the top menu. That will tell you whats buzzing around here
The myposts link lets you see what you have posted, and what people have said after that
There is an April 2012 group here and you can join their journey, if you dont feel ready for that, a May one will be along on Tuesday
Thats a great way to make friends
There are Blogs, not a lot use them, but I find them good to vent feelings that dont really fit in the forums

As I said above, welcome, and hope you have a great time here
BP
x
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm new too, this is a great place to be.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Welcome slidingdoors. Glad you are able to realize that the caffeine isn't doing you any favors. It is fine in moderation but then again so is alcohol and if you can't moderate then it is better to do without. I see alcoholics in recovery chugging coffee and energy drinks all the time. Perhaps it's a cross addiction. I wish you well in your attempt at cutting caffeine. It must be especially hard in Europe. Welcome to SR! I hope you find help, advice, fellowship and inspiration here.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome slidingdoors...You've come to a good place. Have you thought about getting a recovery program?...It might give you the tools you need to make it more than a few months at a time...And be able to deal with situations like visiting your parents...Something to look into. Best of luck to you and glad you are here.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind replies and welcoming, I went as far as join a sort of AA group for 6 months and get 1 to 1 support for a while, so I got the chance to analyse the situation.
I confess I have used alcohol for all reasons, to avoid reality when I did not like it but also for fun and I guess to cover up depression and anxiety and some points, but at this point have no excuse, know I know what I am doing so to go Spain and drink a beer (for a start) is irresponsible of me, Also I do not find easy to talk abut this with friends, in fact I tent to get drunk alone rather than socially, so yes I am glad I can talk openly here and I intent to stay for many years to come
Old 04-27-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Slidingdoors x
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello, from another newbie x
Old 04-27-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome sliding doors - we're happy you're joining us!

Just knowing there are friends here who understand what we're going through has made all the difference for me and I'm sure you'll find the same kind of support I have.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Welcome SlidingDoors, hope you do keep reading and posting on SR when you can.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks to all, here I am in my daily visit, I have to say I do not find so easy to navegate here, perhaps īcos not too familiar yet.
I wasnted to create a new post but do not how to, any help? thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Click on the New Thread button...Top left of the page that lists them all.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

the New Thread button is on the main forum page slidingdoors
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery

top left hand side

D
Old 04-28-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're so glad to have you with us slidingdoors. This place saved my life and calmed my anxiety way down. I never felt alone after I signed on here. I hope you'll feel the same.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you Hevyn, I feel that way already, every single night I log in and will not go to bed before I have visited you all so I get the strength to get through another sober day tomorrow. So good night and see you all tomorrow
Old 04-29-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very happy to hear from you - glad it's going well.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR slidingdoors, glad you're here!!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by slidingdoors View Post
I always relapse even after over 6 months of being sober, basically could control myself in normal day life by not having alcohol at home but everytime went home to my parents relapsed, they always keep alcohol as no one has problem with it. I hope after joining you and with our mutual help will be able to continue sober even where alcohol is available.
This one is a big thing for me as well! I haven't been to many family functions since I stopped drinking... it is such a trigger for me. While I'm not exactly sure how I'll deal with that part for now avoiding them IS working... until I can get more tools together. I have found that if I get together with my family members seperately for short periods of time that alcohol is much less available! Welcome to the site and I hope to hear more from you soon!