Notices

Struggling....

Old 04-26-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling....

Really struggling with my cravings tonight,i'm gonna go bed soon so i wont drink but i'm worried about tommorow,its payday and i know that if i feel like this then i may drink....I have had todays craving for at least the last 5 hours,i just cant shake it off....Just sharing..Oh forgot to say tommorow will be Day 5....
Old 04-26-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Take that gorg dog for a long walk, to distract yourself
Old 04-26-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey sweetie, lovely to hear your voice

Bed's a good idea for now - well done holding it together for so long. What do you want to do tomorrow? Cos you don't want to wake up on pay day worrying about it. Pay day should be a day for singing and stuffing your fricken Black Country butt in Mac Donald's

Love you xxx
Old 04-26-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey, I was exactly the same at the start of last weekend...Friday night with no booze, I couldn't bear the thought and it sent me half crazy!!
But thanks to the great support from the people on here, I resisted, and the weekend was just lovely. And, even better, I don't have those same feelings this week with Friday just around the corner!
So looking forward to a relaxing weekend and not a craving in sight.
Keep going ......xx
Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a bad evening too Stevie if that's any consolation. Went on a long drive at dinner time so when I got back all I was thinking about was eating my dinner! Pretty extreme I know, but sometimes avoidance is the only way I can deal with the urge. I really hope it gets easier than this.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Stevie, everyone who's posted so far has been from our islands. You're the centre of a little UK hug Newatthis, you in the UK? Maybe it's a West-of-Europe and proud of it hug hehe!

Well done batting it back New - I've worked so late some nights that I didn't have time to drink. Whatever works, you know? xxx
Old 04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm told it gets easier, the early days are the hardest. Just remember the reasons you gave up.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'll add myself to the UK hug ...keep at it Stevie. Paydays are hard but why don't you go out and buy yourself something you really want instead of getting booze. And in the mean time try and find a technique that helps you with those cravings x
Old 04-26-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What has been helping me is to think of the consequences.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
So it goes

Stevie ,sun it does get better, hang in there it's worth it
Dont think I will join this girly hug thing, but I shake your hand from Manchester
Old 04-26-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It does get easier...Try not to worry about tomorrows...Just be grateful for today and don't drink. When you wake up...Do the same thing. Maybe you can plan something fun when you get that paycheck...Treat yourself for doing such a good job. Two things worked great for me early on. Meetings and prayer. It's hard to beat that combination. I still use it.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

You already know what I'm gonna say Stevie LOL

you can do this mate

D
Old 04-26-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Don't let your payday become theirs...
In early sobriety I turned my mind against the drink HARD (not burn the pub down hard), the beer companies too. I'd think of all the money I'd handed over to them over the years, like a junkie to a dealer and I'd get more determent not to do it anymore.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Cravings, a 100 times better than drinking. It will get better. STICK with it.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Stevie88, what's up! You were in the November thread with me. Its hard, but it can be done.

If you fall 7 times, get up 8.

Make one of those awesome meals you always wrote about! I miss your daily meal descriptions buddy.

You can do it. Have faith in yourself. Take it one minute at a time if you have too.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Stevie - I hope by now the cravings have settled down a bit. What you're feeling is very normal for Day 5 - and as we keep promising, it won't feel this way for very long. You're doing great.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Stevie,

Stick in there man. Tommorrow is day five for me too. I'm finding it tough aswell.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I promise you...getting through your first weekend sober and going back to work Monday will make you feel so incredible and unstoppable. Don't let Friday trip you up. Make a plan for after work and for the weekend. Drinking ain't sexy don't romance it...
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

See, tay all bad. How yam doin now?

I love the fact that you're going to get your ass out of bed this morning (soon, if I'm any judge) and read this thread. See how many people around the world have got your back?

Pay day dude - like Hypo said, go buy yourself somethin pretty. Maybe you can coax that hug out of Billy

But not off Dudley high street. That's just silly. Get across to Birmingham. The HMV in the Bullring is legendary - go invest in a few box sets, have lunch in Cafe Rouge - you can sit outside with the pup - wander down New Street up to Victoria Square (I'm getting homesick now...) sit outside the library for a bit (is it just me, or does it remind you of New York library? You know, at the beginning of Ghostbusters? Not the actual building - stand with your back to it and see what I mean...)

And then get your butt back here and tell us about it.

You don't want booze today dude. You got way better things to do with your time. And money.

Love you, big idiot xxx
Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hope all is well Stevie.