Notices

Day 2 Tapering

Old 04-23-2012, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 Tapering

Not sure where my original post went but I'm Day 2 tapering and its going well.
I was drinking 4-5/day, 7 days week (5% - beer or cider) for the last 12 years or so. It was 5-6 at one point and at 7% alcohol content! So I've been able to cut down somewhat. But now is the time to create a different choice before it gets worse...god willing.

Day 1 was 4 drinks and tonight is 4 as well. I'm taking it slow as advised in this forum as people have advised you could seizure at any level. So I'm erring on the cautious side but would prefer just to stop sooner. How ironic! I would have been ok with only 3 tonight as well too. Perhaps the spicy meal tonight and chocolate has helped to curb as well!

Anyways, thought I'd shared as I know a few are concerned about my tapering alone without medical supervision. But so far so good. :-)
Old 04-23-2012, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

if you click on your name you get a drop down menu - you can find all the threads you started that way...

it's probably just fallen off the first page

D
Old 04-24-2012, 01:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi mate I tried complete cold turkey and failed
You sound like we have a similar habit
I've also been doing gradual cut down since last Friday and seems to be working for me.
Onto 2 beers tonight and managing to sleep etc
Good luck mate
Old 04-24-2012, 02:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
So it goes

Good work both of you. Once you stop you will start to see improvements kick in, it wont be easy, but it is worth it, and you feel much better in the long run.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't know...I had to check myself in and detox safely....This sounds like prolonged agony to me...Is there a reason you can't talk to a doctor about doing this the right way? Or is it just because us alkies are so damn stubborn?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't want to have to pay to go to Detox, nor able to take time off of work to to that. And, I don't want to have to live with a bunch of people I dont know. I'd rather do this in the comfort of my own home.

It's not feeling like agony at all. I am able to stop at a certain amount. So its working swell.

I had a pretty good sleep last night. I ended up just drinking 3.5 drinks. Tonight its 3. Oh, and yes I am stubborn too :-)
Old 04-24-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not to second guess what might have happened, but inpatient detox is not the norm here in Australia...most detoxes are indeed done in 'the comfort of your own home'. I expect NZ would be similar.

Unless you're a danger to yourself or others there's definitely no mandatory incarceration or anything like that

The Dr assesses your condition & needs, sometimes prescribes meds, sometimes not - the important thing is...you're assessed...

D