SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Yesterday was 31 days! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/254891-yesterday-31-days.html)

ReluctantHope 04-22-2012 05:12 PM

Yesterday was 31 days!

I never truly believed this day would ever come. I thought to myself I'm just going to try to stop drinking again because I don't know what else to do. To not try again would be to lose those I love the most.

Before joining SR, I read the posts for a few days. I must say that the stories I read gave me some hope and inspired me to attempt to quit drinking once again. I also learned a lot here. I knew about AA previously, but I never knew of any alternative programs to quit drinking. I learned that there are no "one size fits all" methods and whatever choice you make that keeps you sober is good. After much reading I decided that AVRT seems like a good fit. I've gone through the crash course online and today I started reading Rational Recovery.

It's amazing how much time and money I put into drinking! There is so much planning involved! Even though I was a total drunk, I was very good about not drinking and driving so I had to make sure I had enough wine. Then I would be at the store trying to decide if I should only get 2 bottles of wine so I wouldn't drink more than that or should I just go ahead and get plenty so that I wouldn't get into our expensive wines that could not be easily replaced. Oh, and the lying, the sneaking, the bruises that I didn't know where they came from, the puffy red face, the worry I put my family through, all ugly stuff!

I don't post often, but I do make sure to get on here every day which is what has helped me get through these last 31 days. I sometimes feel like I don't post because I don't have much to contribute when there is already so much wisdom here, but I need to get over that. I want to be helpful to someone as so many people's words have been helpful to me.

Thanks to you all for being here!

Sapling 04-22-2012 05:20 PM

Congrats on 31 days......Best of luck with your program of recovery...Put all you have into it....I highly recommend life without alcohol.

stairs 04-22-2012 05:41 PM

31 days is wonderful! Way to go R.Hope. :)

:a122:

Dee74 04-22-2012 05:45 PM

congratulations RH :)

D

neferkamichael 04-22-2012 05:45 PM

31 days! You are FANTASTIC

least 04-22-2012 05:51 PM

Congrats on your sober time. :scoregood You set an example for others with your sobriety.:hug:

awuh1 04-22-2012 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by ReluctantHope (Post 3373132)
I sometimes feel like I don't post because I don't have much to contribute when there is already so much wisdom here, but I need to get over that. I want to be helpful to someone as so many people's words have been helpful to me.

You will know when there is something to say that might help. No need to force it. It will come. Your experience is just as valid as anyone’s. It’s the spirit behind that desire to help that’s important.... to all of us.

sugarbear1 04-22-2012 06:36 PM

Congratulations on 31 days! 1 month+!

Keep moving forward!

MsJax 04-22-2012 06:38 PM

Congratulations on your 31 ReluctantHope :) Thanks for the super cool post :)