SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   First weekend without booze!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/254875-first-weekend-without-booze.html)

Seasidegirllau 04-22-2012 01:39 PM

First weekend without booze!!!

Ive managed to do a saturday and sunday night without booze!! Sat here with a cuppa watching a film, looking forward to work tomorrow and looking forward to a good nights sleep! Ive been down the beach, out shopping with my kids, enjoyed healthy meals (kinda ;-) and feel great! Cant believe when i woke up this morning i had this overwhelming urge to just..do something to break the vicious cycle i was in! And i made the first step..admitting on here i had a problem! I knew it wasn't normal to spend as much time as i did obsessing about drink, being envious of people who could quite happily take a drink or leave it, someone said to me last week they hadn't drank in months..i couldnt believe it!!

I feel like ive been wearing steamed up glasses for so long and someones come along and cleaned them for me, my head was a constant fuzzy mess, full of anxious thoughts, paranoia, self loathing....but somehow..i was still functioning in a high position at work, caring for my family, having people say i must be superwoman for working full time and having a brood of children...if only they knew i used to think!!!! Well now i am gonna be that superwoman , im gonna kick the booze into touch and get real :-)

Looking forward to getting in the car in the morning without having to worry about being breathalized :-)))))))

Met some quality peeps on here today also which has made it oh so much easier and enjoyable.....peace out :-))))))) XXXXXX:thanks

Spinach 04-22-2012 01:43 PM

Sounds like the start to agreat Summer .
Keep on it really does get better.
John.

Dee74 04-22-2012 01:44 PM

I remember how good that first weekend felt on Monday morning :)
way to go Laura! :)

D

Seasidegirllau 04-22-2012 01:54 PM

Thanks so much both :-) im feeling really enthusiastic and am going to work at this :-) XX

candie 04-22-2012 02:00 PM

Hi hun,
Glad to see you here, and congrats on the new start.I'm on day 12 and feel fab:)

Gerbosko 04-22-2012 02:04 PM

Congratulations on having a sober weekend Seasidegirllau! If you feel this great right now, just imagine what you're going to feel like in the upcoming days, weeks, months, and years ahead! :D

:dance:

Seasidegirllau 04-22-2012 02:07 PM

Thanks so much :-) i feel so...normal :-) xx

candie 04-23-2012 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Seasidegirllau (Post 3372988)
Thanks so much :-) i feel so...normal :-) xx

So do I.Isn't it weird?:rotfxko:rotfxko

Newatthis34 04-23-2012 02:33 AM

Hey SSGL,

My first sober weekend too!! I love what you said about feeling 'normal', it's great not to be skulking around feeling shifty and devious and guilty isn't it? Oh freedom - sobriety is so sweet!

hypochondriac 04-23-2012 02:44 AM

Nice one Seasidegirl :) My first few weekends I was ecstatic, it only gets better from now on :) x

BillyPilgrim 04-23-2012 02:53 AM

The feeling is great, waking up on a Monday morning without a hangover.
I can vouch for that.

candie 04-23-2012 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by BillyPilgrim (Post 3373446)
The feeling is great, waking up on a Monday morning without a hangover.
I can vouch for that.

It is great isn't it?I can actually function again before 11am:):c029:

instant 04-23-2012 03:25 AM

well done this living clean thing can work for anyone who wants it

RevivingOphelia 04-23-2012 04:05 AM

That is so fantastic! Well done :)

Redjolt 04-23-2012 04:38 AM

Great post. Glad to see you made some real progress. I know the feeling about getting in the car and worring about breathalizers.

Seasidegirllau 04-23-2012 09:46 AM

So glad i can share this with people who understand my cryptic words, today has been amazing, i have eaten properly, felt alive, been able to concentrate! I feel like a new gal :-) takin one day at a time, if i can stay sober for even a night, there aint nothin stoppin me stayin sober for life...alcohol...pfffft ;-) thanks for all your wonderful support peeps :-) XXXXXX

jwaco 04-23-2012 11:55 AM

Neat on girly! Keep doing what you're doing it only gets better!!!

foodie1 04-23-2012 12:40 PM

Well done!! Those first few weeks are so hard, way to go!! :You_Rock_

Seasidegirllau 04-23-2012 12:42 PM

Hey foodie1...:You_Rock_ right back atya :-)

sugarbear1 04-23-2012 01:23 PM

Marvelous!