Notices

Really want some wine...

Old 04-19-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bruno1979 View Post
I know where you're coming from,

Just don't drink then you will be ok.

Go into your kitchen, pour yourself a glass of milk and drink it. Its a strange thing for me to say I know, but once you've tasted the milk the last thing you will want to follow it is wine. It works for me. So far anyway.
Ya know, I am the same way about food. As SOON as I eat, the thought of a drink disgusts me, always has. Needless to say, lots of snacking in the last 3 weeks...glad I am going to the gym!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just to let everyone know I didn't cave in yesterday and so far today is going well. Heading for the danger time now but I feel yesterday's struggle was useful in that I practised ignoring my AV. That has to be good right? The more I resist it the stronger I will feel. What do you guys think? Gonna hit the treadmill around 6, so that, coupled with a shower, prepare dinner etc should carry me to 8 and safety...I hope...
Old 04-20-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
So it goes

It does get easier with time. Try some substitutions on wine. Fruit juice, tea , anything you can enjoy and savour.

Go and do something positive to replace the drink - exercise gives me a buzz (nothing strenous, but you do feel good)

I eventually realised its not the first glass I want, but the sixth.

I suspect you may be the same, because it doesnt taste nice, it just makes you drunk.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Not pathetic at all newatthis, pretty darn normal actually. Really glad to hear you rode out the craving. It does get easier!