Notices

Vicodin Withdrawal Day 14! Still hurtin. PAWS

Old 04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Vicodin Withdrawal Day 14! Still hurtin. PAWS

First of all, I can't believe I actually JOINED this forum finally and am posting my first.."post" "thread"? I have been reading others' posts for MONTHS! I am excited to finally become a part of this community. It is much needed. For us ALL! I am quite grateful...especially since I should be going to meetings probably but am too sick still to even consider it yet.

So I am on Day 14 of my second round of Vicodin withdrawal. Yep, made it 3 1/2 months never dreaming I would relapse in a million years...and here I am. Going through this same freakin HELL all over again. Ugh.

Today is the first day I have felt well enough to even post on here. It has been a rough one. Yesterday was the first time I went out of the house or opened up my laptop at all. ten zillion emails to deal with. believe me, i closed of out my ***** FAST. i just went on to get my account activation link for this forum and then ran for it!!!

My last detox was quite difficult as well, which is why it is incredible that I would put myself through this yet a second time. It's amazing to me what addiction will do. Very cunning.

Everything I have been reading says by week 3 I can expect to start feeling better. So far, I feel MUCH worse than the last time. And last time I felt horrible. So to all those who are EVEN THINKING FOR ONE SECOND of relapsing. DON'T!!!!!!! the withdrawal gets WORSE if that is possible.

My biggest fear is not feeling better in a few days. I have to go to a very important wedding that i simply cannot miss and it will require plane travel and you know...wedding activities and family galore and if that wedding were tomorrow, I would be in big trouble. It was hard enough for me to get my laptop from across the room. I leave on Saturday morning, which will be My Day 19. Here's hoping!!

Last thing, my other fear. Gosh I am one scared little chickie. This is just so miserable. as you all know. and as THEY all DON'T know. (fam and friends that is, so hard to explain to them.) Anyway, last fear is. the dreaded...PAWS!

So PAWS...i had not ever anticipated nor heard of. my last stretch of this had me feeling pretty good after about Day 10. But then 2 weeks later I felt like I was at Day 2 again!! for about a WEEK straight! For us ladies and not sure if this factors in or if it is a coincidence, it was right before getting my period. it happened again the following month also. then finally seemed to go away after month 3, but then of course...i went right back to my vicodin abuse so...u get it.
anyway, i am afraid of the PAWS happening again this time. BIG time nervous about it. It is like going back to Day 1 just when you thought you were finally THRU that part of it and were able to move on to the emotional addiction/withdrawal part.

It's funny. As similar as this is for all of us (We are all going through the same thing here), it is also quite different for everyone. equally miserable though. but like everyone says, it eventually gets better. just waiting for that to happen can feel like an eternity.

oh my...let's keep supporting each other. thank you for being there. this was quite therapeutic in itself! for those of you just reading...JOIN JOIN!

Can anyone relate?

xox, rr

Last edited by RosaleeRicci; 04-16-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: emoticon was distracting
Old 04-16-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

I believe you are just going through regular withdrawals. That stuff is hard on the body and the initial withdrawal can take a while. PAWS starts a few months down the line.

Welcome to SR!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Rosalee!

Glad you've joined us and posted.... and congratulations for your 2 weeks! I hope you start feeling better really soon - I've never been through Vicodin withdrawal, but understand it's pretty awful.

Check out our forum for substance abuse, too: Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Of course, you probably have already if you've been around for a while. Remember to take it one day at a time - you have a great attitude!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yea everything your doing is normal. To many people worry and talk about PAWS for one it s fairly rare for the true thing. And it doesnt even happen till you have been sober at least 6 months and more.

Welcome aboard
Old 04-16-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome RosaleeRicci

I know nothing of Vicodin but this is the best PAWs link I know - you can judge for yourself if you think it fits or not

PAWS | Digital Dharma

D
Old 04-16-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm glad you found us.