When I share experiences Ive had in recovery
and it inspires another, it means so much
to me and I smile inside.

From the smallest things you do, see, hear
to the big ones when shared with another
can become helpful with out you even knowing
it.

So, share away your own personal recovery
experiences and enjoy how it makes you feel.

JOY..!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Great topic, Sharon!

I also was baking for meetings. Those people never knew they were my "guinea pigs" as most of what I was bringing were my own recipes (or recipes I looked at and changed up a bit). Today, I know I can bake well (it was a challenge as I know how to cook well, but baking is a different kind of cooking).

I'm working now. Not only working, but working in my field of education. Special Education. I've taught many different children in my career of 20 years, these students are "brand new" as they not only have Autism, but they are high functioning.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm in a room full of alcoholics on speed. Yeah, it's a loving way to describe them. I love it when the children notice that the teachers have made a mistake and call them out on it, innocently. Or the child in the music class who had to arrange the music stands in numerical order, that was too OCD cool. I can relate to these students!

I stopped teaching for 11 years. I am just pleased to be back and am hoping they will hire me full time for the summer and fall.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Living....I started sneaking beers from my dad at the age of 10...At 15 I drank to get drunk...I was an alcoholic....When did I reach my bottom?...When I stopped digging...At the age of 51...Do the math. I was a slave to alcohol most of my life. I was introduced to AA...Did what I had to do...Worked the steps and freed myself from the self loathing and self pity that consumed me.....I was able to right my wrongs...Clear the noise in my head...And for the first time since I was a child....I've had the obsession for alcohol lifted....And I'm living...The way I was meant to live.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Wow Sharon it got very ugly for me. I ended up in a crank-house. Well not in the house but in the shed behind the house. Like those tin sheds one might keep garden tools. My landlord liked rabbits, like 40 or 50 rabbits running wild in the backyard. The same backyard where the rabbits ran wild where I lived in the tin shed. That was cool because the rats kinda hid away. Funny note; rabbits kill rats for sport...they dont eat them, just spread the rarts guts all about.

Anywho, I was living in rat/rabbit zoo filth, drugging/drinking/ working on some tweeker shet and stuff thinking...hey I've have it good..got a toilet, food bowl, place to pass-out or sometime defend with a knife fight. have a few cuts for a home cause...I rule..like to sleep...dammit.

Anywho the rabbits ***%king all the ****ing time was the sh%t...geese couldn't give those sweeties away fast enough.
3t