Notices

Need support

Old 04-12-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need support

I'm new and I've posted but I'm not really getting much response please help guide me. Todaybis daybone off oxycodone hasn't been 24 hours yet but since last night. Anyway I'm trying to gain the courage tonflush my pills please help I want my life back. I was sober for 40 days and relapsed been using for 2 weeks. How bad is the detox going to be any ideas or suggestions?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have no experience with oxy but I wanted to offer you support and good thoughts. You can do it! But consider seeing your doctor about the detox - you want to be safe.

Hang in there and be strong!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cfm

Ok, you want some guidance/ I will give you some. GET TO A HOSPITAL. You can't save your face and your ass at the same time. Your dying of drug addiction and you want to sit around posting on a stupid message board. Give up your nonsence and check yourself in. Right now. This minute.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks I'm really having a hard time getting any support here. What am I doing wrong. I see people getting overwhelming responses is it because I'm new? Well I've been posting instance abuse which is where I feel I belong I will try a few more and some people have been great. Tough to sit and wait for a glimmer of hope. Well I just flushed all my pills and am starting cold turkey anyone here have any experience with that please share. If not someone please point me im the right direction.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you flushed the pills! I don't have any experience with Oxys I'm sorry but am hoping some people will be along soon to help. I know we can't give medical advice here so I'm guessing most people will say to be safe you should consult a Doctor! Also, I highly recommend finding some real life support in addition to this site like possibly NA meetings? AA helps me so much. If 12 step meetings are not your thing you can look up the Secular options here on this site. Thinking of you and sending good wishes your way. (((Hugs)))
Old 04-12-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there SF! You will find support here but there are a few rude people. Overlook them. I'm new here too and I've gotten some good support and advice. Just keep reading and posting and when you're good and ready you'll find real time help through groups, counselors, whatever it takes.

Congrats on flushing the pills! Excellent first step!

Edited to add: when I decided to stop drinking I came clean with my doctor. It's always a good idea to check with your doctor. Mine was concerned with siezures after quitting
Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

IreLly need someone who has experience with Oxys and cold turkey detox whicjph I'm now beginning. Going to a hospital right now is not an option. I have a cancer diagnosis which started this. I have been in AA for 24 years and thank God I haven't had a drink in 24 years. But I've relapsed now with pills. I've been advised that the danger of hospitals is you come out addicted to worse drugs that you went in on like methadone and sub oxen. So thanks for you advise Christopher but you obviously have no experience with precsription abuse.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

God I hope someone with some suggestions stops by soon. I'm really struggling with this c/t. Anyone out there I'm on day 1 I flushed and am feeling so very alone and scared.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Okay. I am not an expert on this, but you're desperate.

My H quit opiates on scripts. But prior to this he ran out a bunch of times, and the withdrawals are much like you'd expect. Pain in your joints and muscles. Cramps, or more accurately, the need to cramp, to mush your arms and legs, to hug yourself, crush up into the foetal position. He threw up. Paced the floor a lot. Depending on how much he'd been taking, he could sleep a little. Mostly he lay on his side in front of the tv and groaned a lot. He drank a lot of hot water. Shaking, sweating.

It can be rough as hell, but it's not the end of the world, if you haven't been using for very long, which it sounds like you haven't.

However, experience is not medical advice, and we don't really get oxys here, so I don't know about them.

Tell me more about what kind of suggestions you want, okay? The biggie is to talk to a doctor - it's daytime in the States right? If you want ways of staying comfortable while you're detoxing, people can help with that. If you're after company, your best bet is to chat on lots of threads - join in conversations, people will be really friendly.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Isn't this the substance abuse forum? Where should I post for support with Oxys? I'm not going to a dr but thanks. I want to share with people that have detoxed from Oxys. You've been ver kind thanks. I've read a lot of very long threads about Oxys.
How do I start just one thread? And delete the rest I keep checking all these posts and I should only have one.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My ex bf quit cold turkey. Had the pain and cramping. He stayed in bed and slept a lot or tried to. He would call me when he was feeling a really bad urge. If you don't have someone to call, try posting. He's been clean for 18 months. . Just stay strong and know it will get easier.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sf0255

Some forums are busier than others especially around this mid year break period- you first posted yesterday my time - I know you're anxious but sometimes a little patience is needed

This is the Newcomers forum.

If you're asking for anything that might be seen as medical advice generally people won't answer cos they know we don't allow that here.

Medical advice is best obtained from medical professionals, not message boards.

I'm not sure why you think you'll end up in hospital or that you'll be pumped full of 'worse drugs' - I've never heard a story like that here in 5 years, sf.

There are oxy threads in Sub Abuse and I'm sure you've seen them - you've also already started two threads in sub abuse, both of which have several replies.

try to relax - give it time for people to respond, ok?

D
Old 04-12-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Here is the substance abuse forum:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

On this forum, you're going to be talking with a bunch of alkies, so I don't know how much help we'll be unless we have also had issues with pills. You'll certainly get support here, but I'm not sure what kind of support you're looking for (just judging from your posts). We can't give medical advice here - that's why people have suggested you see a doctor. I don't know if withdrawals from opiates are as serious/life threatening as alcohol withdrawals but I do know that they are unpleasant to say the least.

I was addicted to opiates in my 20's and ended up combining them with alcohol. One night I took too many pills with too much booze and ended up in the hospital for three days. They didn't help me much with the detox, so it was BAD. Lots of the things described here ... feeling like I was crawling out of my skin, headaches, nausea/throwing up/diarrhea, muscle cramps, sweats, chills, etc. The first 3-4 days were the worst and then it subsided. If you can sleep, that helps. I also took Immodium for the stomach issues. Beyond that, you pretty much have to tough it out. With alcohol withdrawals, doctors will sometimes prescribe benzos to help with the withdrawals ... I don't know if they help with opiate withdrawals though. So although you don't want to go to the doctor, I still think that's your best best. At the very least, a doctor can give you good, solid medical advice that will help your body get through the worst of the detox. I'd also suggest NA if you have a meeting near you.

There is always support here, and I hope you stay. We're all addicts here and we know what it's like to give up our DOC - it's hard. If you let us, we can help you through it.