Notices

lost and confused

Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lost and confused

I'm a mother of two young children and am considering divorce because my alcoholic husband of ten years will not get treatment. I'm overwhelmed with fear and anxiety of how it will affect the children, my husband and myself. If I stay I fear it will only get worse. I've never been on my own because I have been with my husband since the age of 16. Any advice or words of wisdom? I have no friends and family to confide in so that's why I'm here.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!

We have a Friends and Family Forum if you scroll down from the Newcomer's Forum. Have you considered Al Anon? Welcome to Missouri Al-Anon/Alateen

Best Wishes.

Hugs,
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dawn

I know others will chime in here as well, but I recommend you take a look at our Family and Friends forum too - you'll find people there who've been through very similar situations

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR

D
Old 04-11-2012, 09:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well I would of said great people will be along to give you great links. But Sugar and Dee are always on it.

The only thing I can say coming from the childs view. My father was and still is a alkie. But my mom got divorced when I was fairly young . I think I was in 3 or4 grade how ever old you are. This is also back in the times when divorce really didnt happen.

But I thanked them then and do today, that they got apart from themselves because together was way worse than they imagined it to be. Kids are just so perseptive.

What ever you choose welcome aboard.