Notices

Back after 7 years being out there

Old 04-11-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome back home.

I am glad you made it. A lot dont. Look foward to getting to know you.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Welcome to SR Halo! I went to Rehab in 91, stayed clean and sober until 99 and was out until 2010...I was a binge user, so I would go months at a time w/out using, but none the less I was NOT recoverying, I was white knuckling.

You will find a ton of support here on the boards. I can remember my first meeting going back, I was terrified, but it really was okay! Everyone was very nice.

Blessings and welcome! Lily
Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Halo, and welcome!

I had 7 years of sobriety myself, started drinking again and 4 years later almost to the day I came back. Im on day 2 now and this forum is absolutely the best place for me and I think it can be for you too!:ghug3
Old 04-11-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome halo!

Glad you're here! I relapsed for about the same amount of time. it's crazy how alcohol takes right over again and we can't find our sanity. Don't let fear hold you back - you're going to be glad to being sober again!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome it is great to have you here!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Halo....you are certainly not alone. I have been in meetings where people with more than 20 years had gone back out and returned and are welcomed as heroes, survivors of the storm, and looked up of sage advice.

It takes no shame to walk through the doors and claim your chair, just courage which is immediately recognized for what it is.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

welcome back. If you did it before you can do it again. You're lucky you made it back after 7 years of heck. The way I was going I wouldn't even have lasted a few months. I'm not comparing or anything just wanting you to know had I continued my path with drinking I wouldn't be here right now. Not as in on the street, more as dead from drinking too much. I was a hard binge drinker and my last half week of every day drinking with no food, water or sleep I was close to death. I know as a fact if I go back out there drinking I'd be dead within a week. Being a diabetic makes alcoholism alot more deadlier. I couldn't face the pain of drinking and hurting my friends and family and now my awesome girlfriend whose never seen me drunk and I plan on keeping it that way. It's amazing you made it back and gives me the strength to be able to stay around this time.