Notices

1st bout of real depression since I left rehab

Old 04-11-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st bout of real depression since I left rehab

Don't know why, its all going well and I'm 6 weeks sober but its rolled over me like a thick suffocating fog. So instead of giving in and feeding it I'm on SR and doing some much needed errands and chores. My instict is to just lie around and wallow in the muck and mire but I've learned that my instincts really suck eggs> I have to keep reminding myself that sobriety in and of itself doesn't take to Nirvana Land. So I'llk feel, I'll deal, I'll have a nicer looking place and I have my SR friends. I can already feel the sun of hope peeking through the clouds of dispair. You guys are good, better than an anti-depressant.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

"This too shall pass......." It's frustrating I know, especially when there's no identifiable reason to feel depressed. I try to look at it as old habits of thinking that have come up for healing...... Be compassionate towards yourself today, find something to be grateful for, and see the positive in meeting this challenge and staying sober today in spite of how you feel. That's huge for us!

I've come to believe that we grow the most when when we're not having a good day. It makes us get our our tool box. :ghug3
Old 04-11-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All states of mind are temporary, brother.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
Don't know why, its all going well and I'm 6 weeks sober but its rolled over me like a thick suffocating fog. So instead of giving in and feeding it I'm on SR and doing some much needed errands and chores. My instict is to just lie around and wallow in the muck and mire but I've learned that my instincts really suck eggs> I have to keep reminding myself that sobriety in and of itself doesn't take to Nirvana Land. So I'llk feel, I'll deal, I'll have a nicer looking place and I have my SR friends. I can already feel the sun of hope peeking through the clouds of dispair. You guys are good, better than an anti-depressant.
What a great attitude x Hope you feel better soon x
Old 04-11-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You know my SR friends, its allready better, I just had to be aware and acknowledge it, notfight it and let in run its course. Got some house stuff done and making my last big pot of chilli before summer strikes. It is cold and overcast and we;re supposed to get rain and snow for the rest of the week so this will be great. Think I'll bake a loaf of bread to go with it. In the olden not so golden daze I'd let myself "enjoy" it. I'm depressed what a great excuse for an alkie like me to get the bottle, head to bed and just medicate thge heck out of me.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
You feel better soon.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR johnmerdock

D