Notices

good stuff

Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Waking up, slamming some food, and hurrying to the gym to work out. Not having to wait till all the alcohol was out of my system to work out.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How much longer days are now that we don't start drinking at midday. The last couple of years it felt like the day was over when we picked up the bottle. Now it goes all the way to bedtime...
Old 04-12-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
So it goes

I had a really "I have been sober for 11 weeks" moment this morning
Ms Billy had headache, and asked for paracetemol (I dont think you have that in US, it is like asprin)
I couldnt remember where it was!!!!
time was it was at least 2 every morning to get rid of hangover
Old 04-12-2012, 04:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I love being able to get in my car at anytime, day or night, and just go somewhere without the fear of getting a DUI or killing someone.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Great thread, folks. A couple of days after I had made my plan about continuing to drink, I found 30 Great Reasons to Quit. It was very important to me during those early days, and let me concentrate on the things I could have through sobriety, rather than the things that were happening to me by continuing to drink, or even the mistaken ideas of the 'benefits' of drinking (ha!). All of those thirty things have come to be for me, and more too.

My favorite moment was hearing my adult daughters tell me that they are proud of their Pa. I know so well how ashamed and disappointed in me they once were - I will never forget the drive they took to return a car full of empty vodka bottles so as not to upset Ma. That broke my heart, and still does. Those days are gone gone gone.

Billy, paracetemol = APAP = acetyl-para-aminophenol = acetaminophen = tylenol, and I think you can get it almost anywhere.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ghostly I've been there for sure!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I love the feeling of self-pride instead of self-loathing. Every day sober puts me one step closer to the person I want to become.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tanja View Post
I love the feeling of self-pride instead of self-loathing. Every day sober puts me one step closer to the person I want to become.
True for me too .
Old 04-12-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm with the "morning folks," one of my favorite things is waking up, seeing what kind of day it is outside (in Oregon it could be anything) and thinking about all my plans for that day. I'm not hungover anymore, I remember the night before, I feel so rested and awake. Mornings are the absolute best!

This morning was fluffy golden clouds and a rainbow reaching down to the river, who wouldn't love that!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Random Guy

thought of some new ones. The fact that I am starting to think that my goals for the future might actually one day happen, rather than just reducing them to pipe dreams that I would like to happen but never will.

Morning coffee that I can enjoy the taste and feeling of instead of it just being there because I would barley be concious without it... Hmmm Coffee I can't wait to get to a country with a coffee shop again to get my large four shot mocha. Okay I have to shut up about coffee now before I make myself angry