Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I was heading for the store for all the booze I could carry, when sanity tackled me

Notices

I was heading for the store for all the booze I could carry, when sanity tackled me

Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What are you doing to further your recovery? All else becomes moot if you are not adhering to the principles of some recovery program, no?

Attending Monday through Thursday aftercare, Wednesday support group, AA and giving back to the community and laughing and loving and brushing my teeth and breathing in life and just feeling so blessed. I should be dead but I wake up and put on nthe coffee, go figure?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Sorry to hear about the bill, but massive congrats on not taking the cowards way out. You should be proud
Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm with Memphis. I had the same problem with my insurance. Eventually the rehab will knock some off the price and the insurance company will pay the rest. The rehab wants you to assume responsibility for the whole bill and the insurance company wants to pretend you don;t exist. Stay sober and make them hash it out.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great job getting through this fitz. You are my hero and you are loved!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Fitz so happy for you that you remain solid! ...I would definitely appeal that bill..I know all the bills we have appealed recently for my in laws we have won every single one, my husband did them all himself and saved them thousands of dollars. I think alot of these insurance companies do this because a lot of people do not contest them. So look in to a appeal and keep copies you may be surprised and some places will knock alot off if you call and talk to the billing dept....Good luck Fitz, I think you are doing awesome work on yourself!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats Fitz. This post made my day.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey thanks all. I will appeal and get a lawyer if need be. Funny how I can be pro-active and lobby for myself when sober. When drunk I didn't remember anything or figured the crap was all my fault. Sobriety is so gosh dang liberating and powerful, should of tried it years ago. Well I actually did but apparently not hit in the head by enough 2 by 4s. I have faith that recovery won't get me to nirvana but it will get me to a sober life. beat that on a Nevada house bet which I don't do anymore either. Peace to all--Michael
Old 04-10-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Fitz, try it on your own before you get a lawyer just look the bill over sometimes it will tell you it should come with info on how to appeal it... just state some facts Your name, name and dates of rehab any diagnose or any med. from it just any facts you can find... should of been covered under the Insurance stated in plan or they paid it before..along those lines.. type it up and send it off,make copies. Like I said in my earlier post I think the insurance companies do this because people will not contest it....which is very sad and I feel it is a rip off on coverage to the individual. I think the fact we just appealed it we automatically won...like I said earlier we won every single one regarding hospital bill, nursing bills and meds. So give it a try all they can do is say no but aleast you gave it a try Take care Fitz
Old 04-10-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm still wondering where you went to rehab for $70,000. That's more than $20k/month if you went for the typical 90 day stay. I just did the math, and if you were to stay at the best facility in all of Ontario, in a PRIVATE room, it would still only cost slightly over $26,000.

I think you're getting taken to the cleaners here, and I strongly advise you to further investigate that situation.

There is absolutely NO WAY rehab should cost that much money.