Notices

Tommorrows the day

Old 04-08-2012, 09:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tommorrows the day

So tommorrow I make the call to detox. I am hoping that they can get me in tommorrow. I just want to be done but at the same time have extreme fear of what it will be like when i get out of detox. I dont know if this is normal but i know that i can not drink anymore cause i cant control it but i am also sad at the same time that i have to let it go. I know this sounds crazy but i am sad that i wont have what has helped me deal with things in my life but at the same time its caused me lot of heartache and trouble. Strange :-/
Old 04-08-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Change is always uncertain, even scary sometimes - but you're making a positive move here sark - I think you know that too

D
Old 04-08-2012, 11:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Detox can help you set up an aftercare program that could include treatment if you ask for help. Tomorrow could be the "first day of the rest of your life "as the say. ie,. your life could change forever an you dont have to drink again if you dont want to IMO.
I wish you the best. Wise choice -the BEST thing I ever did.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That doesn't sound strange or crazy at all!! Alcohol, if abused, can destroy lives. It can cause so much craziness and make everything worse.

however, in the short term, it works every time; every freaking time!

"People think it's all about misery and desperation and death and all that **** which is not to be ignored, but what they forget is the pleasure of it. Otherwise we wouldn't do it. After all, we're not ******* stupid. At least, we're not that ******* stupid."
Old 04-09-2012, 12:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've heard drinking being compared to a bad relationship - and I think there's a lot of truth to that...at least in my case.

It was fear that kept me there, not love tho.

I think it's good to know that even those short term benefits fade out if you drink or use enough....

There was nothing pleasurable about drinking for me by the time I quit IE.

D
Old 04-09-2012, 12:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Totally normal feelings. Really. Just keep remembering that something is driving you to detox. Something you are feeling and thinking. Hold on to that for now. Take it slow, and just know that you are making a decision that can only lead you to positive changes. Really. :-)
Old 04-09-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Good luck, Sark. There is a better life waiting for you and it doesn't require alcohol. Difficult thing to believe, I know, but it's true. Getting some sober time under your belt will definitely help you see that. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck Sark. I totally know what you mean regarding using alcohol to help you deal with things. I'm in early recovery and am looking for new coping strategies. I've never been in detox before but I'm assuming they'd cover stuff like that there wouldn't they? And if not you'll still have a bit of time to prepare yourself before you come out. Hope it goes well for you x
Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sark View Post
So tommorrow I make the call to detox. I am hoping that they can get me in tommorrow. I just want to be done but at the same time have extreme fear of what it will be like when i get out of detox. I dont know if this is normal but i know that i can not drink anymore cause i cant control it but i am also sad at the same time that i have to let it go. I know this sounds crazy but i am sad that i wont have what has helped me deal with things in my life but at the same time its caused me lot of heartache and trouble. Strange :-/
I felt exactly the same way, I grieved the loss of my old life. Very natural.
Stay with the winners and share your thoughts and feelings.. you are no different than the rest of us garden variety alcoholics.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-09-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you can get into the detox centre.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I go into detox tommorrow at 830. I am nervouse as heck but I know I have to do it. Thank you all for the suppport and whe I get out I will be back in touch
Old 04-09-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Good for you. Honestly, it's not bad at all - much more comfortable and safe than doing it at home. I'm glad I went ... the medical staff took excellent care for me and I imagine you'll experience the same thing. It will also be good for your body to get some much-needed rest. I slept most of the time I was there and that made the time (and the detox itself) go much faster.

Good luck to you and please check in with us when you get back.